Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am currently a first year EU student. I have been granted both tution fees and maintenance loan for the academic year 2017/2018 because of my migrant worker status (I earn around 500 pounds a month).

However, I am finding it difficult to work and study at the same time. Is there any way to get a maintenance loan for my second academic year (as a EU student) without working? If no, what is the minimum amount of money that I would have to earn in order to get a maintenance loan?

thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by kotsu)
    Hello, I am currently a first year EU student. I have been granted both tution fees and maintenance loan for the academic year 2017/2018 because of my migrant worker status (I earn around 500 pounds a month).

However, I am finding it difficult to work and study at the same time. Is there any way to get a maintenance loan for my second academic year (as a EU student) without working? If no, what is the minimum amount of money that I would have to earn in order to get a maintenance loan?

thanks
    Hi Kotsu,

To be eligible as a Migrant Worker you must be working throughout your studies, this means if are unemployed at any point during your studies, you'd be ineligible for that period.

With regards to income, there is actually no set figure that you must be earning so I wouldn't be able to advise you on how many hours you could work. As a rough idea, the income must be deemed enough to live on without Student Finance.

Kind regards,

John.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.