Turn on thread page Beta

I am currently 17 and in a sixth form school in England and I really hate all the courses I'm doing because I simply feel as if they are wasting my time and that I won't gain from them because I don't want to go to uni. I want to be. A successful entrepreneur so I feel as if I should teach my self and get a job to earn some money to invest. I'm just wondering what others think.

ReputationRep:
    What course are you doing? If it’s business it’s useful, I think you should do an apprenticeship? Ever considered...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by hamna98)
    What course are you doing? If it’s business it’s useful, I think you should do an apprenticeship? Ever considered...
    I do business but they only offer btec business and I don't learn anything in it and no I haven't

ReputationRep:
    This site is going to be very biased to study so prepare for a lot of “stay in school” vibes...

If you know what you want to do and how to go about getting it, I say take the risk! You can always go back to education if you want to, but you can’t go back and change regrets about not taking that risk.

ReputationRep:
    I’d advise you to stay till you have completed 6th form and then move into apprenticeship, if you want to go into that route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am currently 17 and in a sixth form school in England and I really hate all the courses I'm doing because I simply feel as if they are wasting my time and that I won't gain from them because I don't want to go to uni. I want to be. A successful entrepreneur so I feel as if I should teach my self and get a job to earn some money to invest. I'm just wondering what others think.
    Personally, if I were you, get your A-Levels. It's only 2 years and once you've got them, you've got them. Make sure you having something that you can focus on for when you leave sixth form (so have a plan) this way you know what you want to aim for. Also, another reason why you should continue is because you may change your mind and decide that you want to do something else; I've changed my mind about 4 times. Also, even if you don't think your subjects will contribute to your future, they will show the employer that you have the skills to learn a new subject at a higher level and understanding.

Also, seeing as you want to be an entrepreneur and want to invest, it might be worth you taking a look into Forex (the financial exchange market). You can make millions, but can also loose millions.

(Original post by cat_mac)
    This site is going to be very biased to study so prepare for a lot of “stay in school” vibes...

If you know what you want to do and how to go about getting it, I say take the risk! You can always go back to education if you want to, but you can’t go back and change regrets about not taking that risk.
    Haha thanks exactly what I was thinking I'm going to think about it long and hard other the next week and decide I'll probably go with my gut and drop out

(Original post by The Uniqueness)
    I’d advise you to stay till you have completed 6th form and then move into apprenticeship, if you want to go into that route.
    Okay thanks my mum thinks I should stay to it's just I don't think she understand me because school teaches you how to be an employee etc and I don't want that

(Original post by Oedg)
    Personally, if I were you, get your A-Levels. It's only 2 years and once you've got them, you've got them. Make sure you having something that you can focus on for when you leave sixth form (so have a plan) this way you know what you want to aim for. Also, another reason why you should continue is because you may change your mind and decide that you want to do something else; I've changed my mind about 4 times. Also, even if you don't think your subjects will contribute to your future, they will show the employer that you have the skills to learn a new subject at a higher level and understanding.

Also, seeing as you want to be an entrepreneur and want to invest, it might be worth you taking a look into Forex (the financial exchange market). You can make millions, but can also loose millions.
    Yeh I'm thinking that too as in do my work make a business plan then execute it when I'm done and yeh I no a lot about that thankfully and study the stock market daily

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.