Turn on thread page Beta

I've really upset her, what do I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    There's this girl I really like and we talk all the time and I really think I'm in love with her. However, we wanted it to stay more between us and something special and I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone but I did tell 2 close friends.

She's on holiday at the moment on a school trip and she was rooming with a few people and one was using Snapchat and was receiving videos from people in a group chat asking them questions.

One of my friends was in this group chat and I don't know why they did it but they asked her if she liked me and was talking to me. She apparently was really shy and embarrassed and ignored the question but they kept on being persistent until she just said no and then later on she messaged me just saying she needs a break.

She denies it anything anybody said but I can tell I've broken a level of trust and I never meant to hurt her so what can I say to fix it? I genuinely do love her so much and don't want to lose her and it's a really difficult situation and I don't want to upset her.

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Give her space, she probably wanted to take things slow but it didn't help that your friend was being annoying. Did she explicitly tell you not to tell anyone about your relationship?

Just tell her you only told your closest friend but you didn't expect him to be persistent like that. Only apologise if you did something wrong, if she did tell you not to tell anyone then just be honest about it and say sorry. She may calm down over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Give her space, she probably wanted to take things slow but it didn't help that your friend was being annoying. Did she explicitly tell you not to tell anyone about your relationship?

Just tell her you only told your closest friend but you didn't expect him to be persistent like that. Only apologise if you did something wrong, if she did tell you not to tell anyone then just be honest about it and say sorry. She may calm down over time.
    She said she'd prefer it that way and for her I promised I wouldn't tell anyone and I never meant to hurt her as I do care about her a lot. I do feel as if I I did something wrong as even by telling just one person I broke that level of trust that I promised her and I don't want to lose her which makes it especially hard and space is a good idea but she's literally all I'm able to think about so it's hard

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.