Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls friend zone guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    Can it be good to be friend zoned by a girl. It has happened to me recently and I would just like to know if she actually does like me back to be in a relationship than just friends.

ReputationRep:
    well in my experience they either don't like the guy or they just wanna be friends , nothing more nothing less

ReputationRep:
    If she friend zoned you, she dont like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MINI17)
    Can it be good to be friend zoned by a girl. It has happened to me recently and I would just like to know if she actually does like me back to be in a relationship than just friends.
    When has it ever been "good" to be friend zoned?

In her eyes you're the equivalent of her gay best friend.

ReputationRep:
    She like ya, but not like like ya. The chances of her playing hard-to-get are slim

ReputationRep:
    I've never liked the term friend zone but, whenever I tell a guy I just like him as a friend, Im flat out not interested in him but I still want them in my life, I still want them as a friend.
    Friend zone makes it sound like she owes you something, which she doesnt but that term has always had negative crap behind it
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's just called having friends.

Girls can make friends with guys you know. If she decides that's all you are to her then that's her choice.

She likes you as a friend but does not consider you attractive enough to be in a relationship with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monclér)
    When has it ever been "good" to be friend zoned?

In her eyes you're the equivalent of her gay best friend.
    Not really.. a gay best friend is used for fashion advice, guy advice, opinions on apperence, gossip (mainly celeb), and to talk to about girl stuff but with a guy...

if a guy and girl share similar interests, they could connect over that and that's all she might want.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    Not really.. a gay best friend is used for fashion advice, guy advice, opinions on apperence, gossip (mainly celeb), and to talk to about girl stuff but with a guy...

if a guy and girl share similar interests, they could connect over that and that's all she might want.
    How do you know OP isn't into all those kinds of interests?

He is her heterosexual gay best friend.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you have an inherent right to have any kind of relationship with her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MINI17)
    Thank you everyone
    You're welcome!:hat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Why do you think you have an inherent right to have any kind of relationship with her?
    I have known her for a year and we have only just started going out on dates over the last three months. We both get on really well and speak for hours when we meet up. Would just rather she was more blunt and just say she doesn't want to be in a relationship. Then just saying we are friends and she likes seeing me.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know OP isn't into all those kinds of interests?

He is her heterosexual gay best friend.
    What’s the difference between that and a normal guy friend to a girl then? I see what you mean but you say it like it’s an issue?…

They could just be how guys are friends with other guys except one of them is a girl… unless they both share those stereotypical girly interests I don’t see how he’s a heterosexual gay best friend since he isn’t playing the role of a girl best friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    What’s the difference between that and a normal guy friend to a girl then? I see what you mean but you say it like it’s an issue?…

They could just be how guys are friends with other guys except one of them is a girl… unless they both share those stereotypical girly interests I don’t see how he’s a heterosexual gay best friend since he isn’t playing the role of a girl best friend.
    Why do you refer to hetero gay dudes as "that"? And hetero guys as "normal", are gay dudes abnormal in your eyes?:eyeball:

Elaborate!

ReputationRep:
    Man thinks being friendzoned by a girl is good 😂

You got a lot to learn boy

ReputationRep:
    Why do you refer to hetero gay dudes as "that"? And hetero guys as "normal", are gay dudes abnormal in your eyes?:eyeball:

Elaborate!
    I meant the terms of their friendship as being normal rather than the gay best friend type, 'that' referred to your concept of a 'heterosexual gay best friend'... nice try though! good way of dodging the point you're struggling to make!

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as a friendzone! Its just something that rom-coms have made up

ReputationRep:
    nah, thats beta talk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.