(Original post by Nerry)
    nah, thats beta talk
    wtf is beta talk?

I just told the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke5125)
    wtf is beta talk?

I just told the truth
    only betas think it might be good to be friendzoned.

whats good about it? no man wants to be just friends with a woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)

My female friends are awesome, I love hanging out with them

ReputationRep:
    I have a mate who has women wanting him all over the place, yet he friendzones every one of them unintentionally. It's hilarious.

girls are very fussy, thats why most guys get friendzoned
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I nearly friendzone every guy I know, mostly bcuz they start making moves, which is immature and creepy asf. I dont do it on purpose but its so they know where not to cross the line and where they are when it comes to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke5125)
    My female friends are awesome, I love hanging out with them
    and thats all you'll ever do - hang with them :lol:

Because they’re not attracted to you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    and thats all you'll ever do - hang with them :lol:
    I enjoy hanging out with them
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MINI17)
    Can it be good to be friend zoned by a girl. It has happened to me recently and I would just like to know if she actually does like me back to be in a relationship than just friends.
    Because they just want to be friends?

I'm sure there are girls you'd only be friends with and nothing more?

I say this as a shy/quiet person who has and still does struggle with confidence when it comes to girls, but there is really no such thing as the 'friend zone.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)

Really? Even girls they find unattractive?

Also I had a question why is saying "You're like a brother to me" considered a bad thing if you say it to a male friend? I've had guy friends call me sister and I have no problems with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonsponge)
    Really? Even girls they find unattractive?

Also I had a question why is saying "You're like a brother to me" considered a bad thing if you say it to a male friend? I've had guy friends call me sister and I have no problems with it
    Men always want to plow a woman, even if shes not his type he'll always secretly be up for it with his female friend. Saying you're like a brother to me just rules out any chance of sex and thats disappointing to the average, horny male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    Men always want to plow a woman, even if shes not his type he'll always secretly be up for it with his female friend.
    :toofunny:

Saying you're like a brother to me just rules out any chance of sex and thats disappointing to the average, horny male.
    I see...

ReputationRep:
    Women, on the whole, are more interested in people than men are. They are much more dependent on friendships for human-level support. If you bond on a basic level, they'll certainly value you as a friend at the very least.

Men tend to be more interested in things than people. Same-sex male friendships tend to form over shared activities and interests, and then progress to mutual emotional support if they are close. Women's emotional interaction begins much much earlier.

The "friend zone" is a result of a mutual problem. The man, who is not interested in a platonic friendship with the woman, does not understand why she is, mistakes her friendly signals for sexual attraction and then gets frustrated. The woman, who is not interested in a relationship with the man, does not understand why the man does not want to be friends with her if they have spent so much time together.

Men, as initiators, the best possible advice I can give you is the following: as soon as you have an inkling that there is no sexual tension between you, stop hoping and GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Be polite and civil. But if you are not interested in being friends, make it as clear as possible as early as possible.

Women, as respondents: set your boundaries as clearly and as early as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    Men always want to plow a woman, even if shes not his type he'll always secretly be up for it with his female friend. Saying you're like a brother to me just rules out any chance of sex and thats disappointing to the average, horny male.
    WTF! That's disgusting, I certainly don't want to 'plow' my female friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Women, on the whole, are more interested in people than men are. They are much more dependent on friendships for human-level support. If you bond on a basic level, they'll certainly value you as a friend at the very least.

Men tend to be more interested in things than people. Same-sex male friendships tend to form over shared activities and interests, and then progress to mutual emotional support if they are close. Women's emotional interaction begins much much earlier.

The "friend zone" is a result of a mutual problem. The man, who is not interested in a platonic friendship with the woman, does not understand why she is, mistakes her friendly signals for sexual attraction and then gets frustrated. The woman, who is not interested in a relationship with the man, does not understand why the man does not want to be friends with her if they have spent so much time together.

Men, as initiators, the best possible advice I can give you is the following: as soon as you have an inkling that there is no sexual tension between you, stop hoping and GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Be polite and civil. But if you are not interested in being friends, make it as clear as possible as early as possible.

Women, as respondents: set your boundaries as clearly and as early as possible.
    Tldr; guys wanna ****, girl doesn't wanna **** guy 'cos he most likely is 5'7'' 250 pound balding dude with a pre-pubescent 'stache, so she "friendzones" him.

amirite or amirite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    Tldr; guys wanna ****, girl doesn't wanna **** guy 'cos he most likely is 5'7'' 250 pound balding dude with a pre-pubescent 'stache, so she "friendzones" him.

amirite or amirite.
    You are more or less exactly right.

Also he probably has a **** job

(Not referring to OP, just a general caricature example of friendzoning)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.