Turn on thread page Beta

Is it normal to not want a boyfriend? watch

So I’m 16, and although I want a boyfriend, whenever me and a male friend starts talking more I stop talking to them as I’m scared of a relationship and having to be restricted from doing certain things eg not having to always be on my phone, spending money on them (sounds selfish I know but I always manage to spend my money) but I really want to settle with someone when I start a levels as although I’m only 16 I’ve had my fair share of parties and if I’m honest I’m quite sick of them, I’d be much more up for a quiet movie night in but all my friends just like partying and I’m bored of it now. Is there anything I can do to stop myself from distancing the boy from me as I always tend to do it. Thankyou
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Tbh this is how you should be at 16. It's good that you're prioritising yourself over boys. Right now is all about you and your education and enjoying time with friends. 16 is very young to be getting involved in serious relationships and kind of a waste of time 9 times out of 10. Focus on school, suggest movie nights and girls nights and keep distancing yourself away from those boys. Definitely nothing wrong with getting involved and chatting and kissing etc. but don't bother with relationships for a few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Tbh this is how you should be at 16. It's good that you're prioritising yourself over boys. Right now is all about you and your education and enjoying time with friends. 16 is very young to be getting involved in serious relationships and kind of a waste of time 9 times out of 10. Focus on school, suggest movie nights and girls nights and keep distancing yourself away from those boys. Definitely nothing wrong with getting involved and chatting and kissing etc. but don't bother with relationships for a few years.
    I'm 25 wishing to have a bf that would be here and there for me and that would care about me, place me before his friends, spend lots of time with me but haven't had much luck. I guess rushing isn't the best thing from my own experience as it may only hurt you back sooner to later. It's good you are ready and know what you want. When you start going with a guy he may node his head to be in relationships and will cream you that he likes you but after few weeks although he will say he had a good time with you, he may also say he doesn't know how to feel about this/what to think of this/was expecting something else/time was wasted/want to live his life as he used to... Whereas for you all would seem as it was going well and you will be badly hurt. Guys nowadays don't think the same way as our parents when they were dating- sorry to tell you this but that's what I experienced

My bff is same age as me and she never had a sing bf not even one date. Then I asked her number of times y she would not look for a guy and she seems to be right: plenty fishes in the sea, mr right will come one day without u having to look for him desperately, family-education-work are priorities and if there will be someone that has an interest in you without you putting all the effort the magic will happen

ReputationRep:
    Lesbian? A sexual?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.