Leena10929
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,
I am looking to study international management from 2018, I am predicted A*AA
Got 2 amazing opportunities and could do with some help

1: Offer to study at Kings College London- however, the entry requirements are A*AA which is very high, also not sure if I will enjoy studying in London

2: Unconditional offer at Lancaster University - not sure if its very prestigious

Currently trying to decide between these two options for my UCAS firm/insurance decisions Option 1 would be firm Kings and Insurance will be Lancaster, option 2 would be firm Lancaster (unconditional offer)
Last edited by Leena10929; 7 months ago
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
punkbreath
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Dito.
singhaman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would pick kings. Think about it, you do a degree once in your life (normally). Get through 4 years at a good university and you are set for life
username334839
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Kings 100%
Tsalmon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Leena10929)
Hi,
I am looking to study international management from 2018, I am predicted A*AA
Got 2 amazing opportunities and could do with some help

1: Offer to study at Kings College London- however, the entry requirements are A*AA which is very high, also not sure if I will enjoy studying in London

2: Unconditional offer at Lancaster University - not sure if its very prestigious

Currently trying to decide between these two options for my UCAS firm/insurance decisions Option 1 would be firm Kings and Insurance will be Lancaster, option 2 would be firm Lancaster (unconditional offer)
Hi, I’m in a similar position with an unconditional if firmed for Lancaster and a high offer of A*AA from a different uni (Durham). For my course both unis have a good ranking in the league tables (Durham is about 3 places higher on average). And Lancaster is in the top 10 in all the rankings for the uni overall. But it’s not all about the rankings. At the moment I’m veering towards Lancaster as I prefer the feel of the campus and brand new physics block.

For your situation personally I wouldn’t want to go down to London but that’s personal preference. Which ever you choose you’ll go to a good university with a good reputation and in the long run it probably won’t make much difference. I don’t know what the rankings look like for management but I’d look at that and go on open days so you can get a feel for both places before making a decision. Best of luck with whichever one you pick.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (759)
90.57%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (79)
9.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed