Turn on thread page Beta

Warwick or Durham? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Which one is more international/ has a better nightlife ? For the course politics philosophy and economics. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you can go to Durham, go to Durham...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I chose Durham over Warwick for PPE.
    Warwick is great, has an amazing repuation for economics/maths/physics and generally has a great repuation. Both have good study abroad opportunties and would be seen on the same level internationally, for me personally I chose Durham because of the college system and because I was accepted into university college. Durham has a bit of a bad repuation when it comes to nightlife but from what I've seen you've just got to find the right group, warwick seems to have the typical university nightlife although nothing special like you'd find in London or Leeds...

Perhaps you should look at modules and course structure too? Plus the college system makes Durham completely unique, is that something you'd like?

theres no point going based off rankings and repuation because they're on the same foot. It's all about what you think you'd like, like I didn't like Warwick because it seemed dull and a little ugly - had i been rejected by Durham I guess i could've overlooked that but my point is, in a choice like this its the small things that are gonna matter - where would you feel happier and find yourself fitting in more?

ReputationRep:
    if it was just econ it'd be so easily warwick for its rep. but for philosophy and econ its gotta be durham, easily. warwick is in the middle of nowhere and coventry is horrible compared to durham

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you, that makes sense. I got accepted in Grey College (was randomly allocated there as I applied with an open application). What is your opinion on this college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfelicia)
    Ok thank you, that makes sense. I got accepted in Grey College (was randomly allocated there as I applied with an open application). What is your opinion on this college?
    no idea about the college, it's one of the few you dont hear a lot about. it's about 15 mins from town and won't have that Durham 'rah' vibe quite so much which can be either a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

ReputationRep:
    Social side and nightlife is much better at Durham

ReputationRep:
    what is that Durham 'rah' vibe??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfelicia)
    what is that Durham 'rah' vibe??
    it's basically the "public school" vibe (note that public schools are really exclusive private schools)

it's poshness normally mixed with sportiness, which Durham is known for. But people in Grey College will be more ordinary

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.