Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've seen a few people apply to oxbridge in yr13 then not get in so take a gap year and apply again.
    has there been anyone who's kept applying every year until they got in?
    is there any way for the universities to keep track of who's applied previously?

i dont intend on doing this im just curious since there are some people who's ultimate life goal is to get into either of the uni's

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Jack Ma, a billionaire business magnate, applied to Harvard 10 times. Got rejected every, single, time.

answer your question?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'd hope no one would do that tbh :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I understand Cambridge but not O*ford. Standards, people.

Unbiased opinion obviously
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by filmaker)
    i've seen a few people apply to oxbridge in yr13 then not get in so take a gap year and apply again.
    has there been anyone who's kept applying every year until they got in?
    is there any way for the universities to keep track of who's applied previously?

i dont intend on doing this im just curious since there are some people who's ultimate life goal is to get into either of the uni's
    They destroy the unsuccessful applicant files at the end of the cycle so, no, there's nothing to stop anyone from try, try, trying again.

However, unless they improve their grades or other aspects of their application the outcome will remain the same.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MagicalMedic)
    I understand Cambridge but not O*ford. Standards, people.
    I agree.

If you are not getting into Oxford you need to lower your standards and go for Cambridge instead.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge is the best university in the world! I'd definitely try to get in first time but I'm also going to apply to Stanford, Harvard, Caltech and hopefully get £200k scholarships.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...place-MIT.html
    She went to my school!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    I agree.

If you are not getting into Oxford you need to lower your standards and go for Cambridge instead.
    Too bad the requirements are higher

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.