Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Friends are going to a nightclub but I don't want to go??' watch

Announcements

My friends birthday is Thursday and she is inviting us all to a nightclub to celebrate.

But I HATE nightclubs and I hate going for nights out.

They asked me out to a pub last week and I declined saying my uncle was in hospital and I was with him (which is completely true)

But now I absolutely do not want to go to a nightclub

What will I do?! How do I get out of this and what do I say to them?!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My friends birthday is Thursday and she is inviting us all to a nightclub to celebrate.

But I HATE nightclubs and I hate going for nights out.

They asked me out to a pub last week and I declined saying my uncle was in hospital and I was with him (which is completely true)

But now I absolutely do not want to go to a nightclub

What will I do?! How do I get out of this and what do I say to them?!
    I appreciate it's too late for this instance, but personally I'd just be honest with them, and explain you don't like clubbing - any decent friend would be understanding of that, and not force you to do something you're uncomfortable with

ReputationRep:
    Just don’t go, if your friends would rather you be miserable in a club than not go then they are pretty crappy friends.

ReputationRep:
    Normally I'd say to just go along and try to make the best of it however nightclubs really are all or nothing. You either get drunk n dance.. or sit in the corner hardly able to hear eachother.

Do yourself a favour and make an excuse. Then meet them for another event elsewhere later.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.