Turn on thread page Beta

Which Cartoons do you think are timeless? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi everyone at this place!

There are so many threads which are discussing animes (thanks, AJ!), but what about cartoons which are not made from Japan? can you name some of them which you watched in children age and still you do as an adult? are there older cartoons which never get old in your opinion?

I personally think that South Park and the Simpsons can be categorized as such, although I don't even like every single episode of the Simpsons and South Park.

Have fun!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think the only adult-oriented non-Japanese cartoon I've watched recently is Archer... the first time I watched the pilot episode, I really disliked it, found it boring and unfunny. The second time I watched that same episode, a couple of years later after friends virtually forced me to, I found the same jokes hilarious. Don't know why, maybe I just wasn't in the mood first time around. :p: I've not watched some of the later series though, caught up a few years back then got distracted by anime again. :giggle:

Friends have highly recommended Steven Universe to me... one day, when I have free time...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I think the only adult-oriented non-Japanese cartoon I've watched recently is Archer... the first time I watched the pilot episode, I really disliked it, found it boring and unfunny. The second time I watched that same episode, a couple of years later after friends virtually forced me to, I found the same jokes hilarious. Don't know why, maybe I just wasn't in the mood first time around. :p: I've not watched some of the later series though, caught up a few years back then got distracted by anime again. :giggle:

Friends have highly recommended Steven Universe to me... one day, when I have free time...
    Archer is really a cartoon for adult, not so bad to watch sometimes, really. But that is not exactly what I talked about before. There are cartoons I still watch as an adult and as a child years ago. Because they touch me, even if it is just nostalgia.

ReputationRep:
    You
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The Ren & Stimpy Show
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    The Ren & Stimpy Show
    Good one! have just begin to watch them in adult age, and I liked it from the beginning. This wacky humor makes my day sometimes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Good one! have just begin to watch them in adult age, and I liked it from the beginning. This wacky humor makes my day sometimes.
    I just can't believe it was played on Nickelodeon on Saturday mornings :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ed, Edd n Eddy all time classic
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Spider-man animated one from the 90’s

ReputationRep:
    Spongebob forever :rock:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone at this place!

There are so many threads which are discussing animes (thanks, AJ!), but what about cartoons which are not made from Japan? can you name some of them which you watched in children age and still you do as an adult? are there older cartoons which never get old in your opinion?

I personally think that South Park and the Simpsons can be categorized as such, although I don't even like every single episode of the Simpsons and South Park.

Have fun!
    Dexter's Laboratory

ReputationRep:
    Steven Universe
    Adventure timeGravity fallsWe bare bears Over the garden wallAvatar : The last AirbenderThe legend of Korra

ReputationRep:
    Studio Ghibli films too!

ReputationRep:
    Batman: The Animated Series (actually the whole slew of DC cartoons, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, Superman: The animated series etc).

I would say a lot of the loony toons but some of them reeeeaaaaally aren't timeless but some very much are.

Rugrats

Samurai Jack

ReputationRep:
    Dragon Ball Z

Nothing beats a super saiyan Goku
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Archer is really a cartoon for adult, not so bad to watch sometimes, really. But that is not exactly what I talked about before. There are cartoons I still watch as an adult and as a child years ago. Because they touch me, even if it is just nostalgia.
    Ah yes, I see now. :o: I just never think of South Park and The Simpsons as aimed at children, because my mother would never let me watch them. :p:

I haven't revisited any of the cartoons now that I used to watch as a child, though I do still have a huge amount of nostalgia for The Raccoons' theme song. :coma: If I wasn't too busy watching new anime, I would probably revisit that.

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Doonesbury obv. (Yeah I know it's not a TV show...)

Tom & Jerry
    Hong Kong Fuey
    Mr Ben
    Roobarb & Custard
    Bugs Bunny
    Yogi Bear

ReputationRep:
    Voltron: legendary defenders.

ReputationRep:
    The Flintstones
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The Funny Bones
    Name:  funny-bones-for-dogs-39-cool-wallpaper.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  80.3 KB

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.