Turn on thread page Beta

if you were my partner or spouse what would be your answer and why watch

ReputationRep:
    If you’re having a bad day, would you want me to leave you alone or spend time with you and cheer you up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qudsiyah123)
    If you’re having a bad day, would you want me to leave you alone or spend time with you and cheer you up?
    It depends.
    If spending time with me and cheering me up didn't involve talking about why I've had a bad day, then I would want to spend time with you.
    If spending time with me and cheering me up was you asking why I'm having a bad day, then I would want you to leave me alone.

ReputationRep:
    yeah depends. some days i like being alone and some days i like being comforted. best thing to do is ask your partner if they need you to stay or to back off

ReputationRep:
    I'd want you to spend time with me, but I'd tell you if I'd want to be left alone. Sometimes I can be really irritable when I'm upset.

ReputationRep:
    yep it depends.

If you made her mad cheer her up but not in a rushing urging way. Just figure out why she's mad or he whoever and like stop doing that thing, or put it back, or get more of it if you used something, or clean up,whatever. Show you're sorry.

If she's mad about something else and honestly needs a minute based on when I need a minute people know to get out my ****ing way.

Spend time with me

ReputationRep:
    If i’m pissed off, best to avoid. Everything gets on my nerves if i’m tense and I will erupt in a rage if I feel like you’re hovering. Trying to cheer me up is a death wish. If i’m sad from a bad day, don’t talk but be there. Hot chocolate, blanket & netflix.

My advice is never try to fix things. Listen, say “that really f***ing sucks” and get alcohol and snacks involved.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you weren’t the reason I’d had a bad day I’d just want to be taken care of

ReputationRep:
    Depends but mostly cheer me up

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how bad it looks. If I’m just quiet then spend time with me and cheer me up but if I’m raging then leave me alone
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Tbh it depends how p*ssed off I am and what the situation is. If it was proper deep, I would want you to leave me alone, not bcuz I dont need you but at that moment I would want time to myself. And like a hour or two later, bring me some food, put on a movie, give me a cuddle and that will cheer me up

ReputationRep:
    Wow someone with an actual opinion. Thank the

(Original post by Baza2002)
    It depends.
    If spending time with me and cheering me up didn't involve talking about why I've had a bad day, then I would want to spend time with you.
    If spending time with me and cheering me up was you asking why I'm having a bad day, then I would want you to leave me alone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.