Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey :-)
    If anyone is looking for a career in Policing then I have made a thread that anyone can ask questions regarding policing. I am currently a Police Cadet in my local force and have done quite a lot of work around different departments and their entry requirements. Therefore, please don't hesitate to ask questions! I've been a cadet for around 3 years so I can also advise on Police Cadets too :-)

If anyone would prefer to DM me rather that is fine, I will not share them with anyone.

Have a good day
    pm2002 :-)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Klopp_1996 maybe have a chat with the OP in this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, Similar to above - I work for my local force as a 999 call taker and trainee special constable so if there's any advice you require about applications, interviews, general information on what the job is like, reply and I'll see if I can advise you.

ReputationRep:
    No questions from me, but I would just like to thank you for all the work you do in order to protect our communities.

ReputationRep:
    Can i join the cadets at 17?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FindMySteam)
    Can i join the cadets at 17?
    Hi there,
    This all depends on the force you are considering representing as a cadet. However, my local force says that anyone who is 17 can be a cadet providing that their 18th birthday isn’t on or before the 1st September 2018. I suspect that this will be similar for your local force.

Hope this help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What A levels are best to take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseagirl2002)
    What A levels are best to take?
    Hello!
    There are not actually any specific ALevels that you are required to take in order to join the police. However, if I was choosing my ALevels, I would possibly think about doing Psychology because it will give you an insight into how the mind works and may give you an understanding of why the people you work with are like they are. I would also think about doing ALevel Law because that will give you an insight into the Criminal Justice System which will be beneficial for obvious reasons. Many people who join the police study Level 3 Uniformed Public Services at College.

However, despite you needing some standard of education, it is also about the life experience that you have had so before joining the Police as a regular, you could maybe think about joining your local Police Cadet Unit, if you have one and once you are 18, try to join the Special Constabulary as they are Police Officers who do the exact same as the regulars e.g respond to 999 calls.

I hope this helps- if there is anything else that I can do to help then please do not hesitate to reply or send me a message :-).

PM2002 :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hello, it has now been a long-time goal to join the police force, but I do not know where to start and I have been faced with multiple issues. I am currently in the first year of a levels, soon to go on to my second year and I hope to figure out what to do after college, but this is made more difficult as when researching about the police force I feel, I am given information that is not relevant to me. Could you please advise me on the best options that are out there? Also, I feel that to be motivated to achieve more in my potential police career, I should recognise the hierarchy as I wish to move up it as my goal is not primarily to stay a police officer but hope to move up the hierarchy however once again the research that I have done shows no clear structure of a hierarchy. My last issue is the duration of the training which I think are too long, but I have seen something about a Fast track program and don't know whether I would be applicable to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pm2002)
    Hello!
    There are not actually any specific ALevels that you are required to take in order to join the police. However, if I was choosing my ALevels, I would possibly think about doing Psychology because it will give you an insight into how the mind works and may give you an understanding of why the people you work with are like they are. I would also think about doing ALevel Law because that will give you an insight into the Criminal Justice System which will be beneficial for obvious reasons. Many people who join the police study Level 3 Uniformed Public Services at College.

However, despite you needing some standard of education, it is also about the life experience that you have had so before joining the Police as a regular, you could maybe think about joining your local Police Cadet Unit, if you have one and once you are 18, try to join the Special Constabulary as they are Police Officers who do the exact same as the regulars e.g respond to 999 calls.

I hope this helps- if there is anything else that I can do to help then please do not hesitate to reply or send me a message :-).

PM2002 :-)
    Ok thanks. There are no police cadet unit here because the country I live in does not allow anyone under 18 to work. Is this ok or are there any other options?

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.