Turn on thread page Beta

female bisexual and muslim... watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently, I have discovered my attraction to both genders and have been fighting a war inside my head to decide what this means. I was born a Muslim to Muslim parents and family (but I deem myself as a maybe-maybe-not-an-atheist) so this obviously causes problems with my assigned religion and parents. I am afraid it will eventually affect my mental health and I just want to ask for advice about both leaving religion and coming out to my family. FYI, I have a good relationship with both my mother and father and I live in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Same
    It's not a big deal
    You'll live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solitaireegg)
    Recently, I have discovered my attraction to both genders and have been fighting a war inside my head to decide what this means. I was born a Muslim to Muslim parents and family (but I deem myself as a maybe-maybe-not-an-atheist) so this obviously causes problems with my assigned religion and parents. I am afraid it will eventually affect my mental health and I just want to ask for advice about both leaving religion and coming out to my family. FYI, I have a good relationship with both my mother and father and I live in the UK.
    i dont personally know your parents but from what i've learnt having your parents helps a lot in many circumstances so if you think they'll react badly (like disowning bad) then i'd say dont mention it unless you really feel you have to. in terms of religion maybe read into islam more or speak to someone about it that youre friends with before leaving but its completely your decision.
    definately try speaking to someone you trust if you feel your mental health being affected because your mental health is key.
    in short go with what feels right when trying to make these decisions and dont do anything unless you feel content

also being a female and lesbian tend to be more accepted by muslims than being male and gay so i guess thats something to think about

ReputationRep:
    In a situation like this, only tell them if you got a backup for the consequences e.g. somewhere to stay in the worst case scenario.

ReputationRep:
    If you know your parents will react badly then you may have to wait until you’re financially independent before you tell them you’ve left Islam and/or are in a relationship with another woman.

ReputationRep:
    How to start a popular thread 101
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So it's all got to do with money and ditch religion because you do not agree to it? why impose your toxic belief on others?
    You’re not fooling anyone by hiding behind anonymous, MiszShortee.

But yes, if she fears being disowned or kicked out then the best option is to wait until you can fend for yourself financially, obviously.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    You’re not fooling anyone by hiding behind anonymous, MiszShortee.

But yes, if she fears being disowned or kicked out then the best option is to wait until you can fend for yourself financially, obviously.
    That wasn't me so please do not accuse without evidence.

I do not misuse the Anon function. If I wanted to write that I would have done so with my username. Nothing to hide.

Thank you Mr Planta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    That wasn't me so please do not accuse without evidence.

I do not misuse the Anon function. If I wanted to write that I would have done so with my username. Nothing to hide.

Thank you Mr Planta.
    "Mr Planta".:toofunny:

Oh my days. You're so proper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Inb4 QE2
    Hi there!

Until someone posts something ridiculous or misleading about Islamic ideology, this thread holds no interest for me.
    Still, your thoughts are always appreciated.

Not certain about the leaving your religion part, but Bham369 might be able to offer you some meaningful advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monclér)
    "Mr Planta".:toofunny:

Oh my days. You're so proper.
    She’s a strange one. Pretending to be polite but then hiding behind anonymous to say that (definitely is her as she’s said that post word for word to me before :lol:)

(Original post by QE2)
    Hi there!

Until someone posts something ridiculous or misleading about Islamic ideology, this thread holds no interest for me.
    Hi ok thank u wot do u mean by thoughts sorry
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    She’s a strange one. Pretending to be polite but then hiding behind anonymous to say that (definitely is her as she’s said that post word for word to me before :lol:)
    Dude. It's not me. I have no need to comment on such a thread.

As I have already stated. Please do not accuse without evidence Mr Planta.

ReputationRep:
    Decide which side to choose
    Islam or bisexuality because I'm going to be 100% honest with you,Islam forbids bisexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Hi there!

Poor soul. She obviously made that comment for reps without realising that any reps you get when you’re anonymous do not get added to your score :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Poor soul. They obviously made that comment for reps without realising that any reps you get when you’re anonymous do not get added to your score :lol:
    Thought it was me? 🤔.

On a separate note I don't think anyone's so desperate to go anon just for the sake of rep. Just a thought. Though obviously that can be refuted

Mr Planta you're so convinced it's me. I ask you to prove it.

ReputationRep:
    :beard:

the plot thickens....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by the bear)
    :beard:

the plot thickens....
    You're just adding to the mix.

But I will say it again I would never misuse the Anon function.

ReputationRep:
    You were not born Muslim. Babies are atheist.

Just wait till you can move out.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.