Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a question- if I accept a conditional offer, and therefore decline all other offers, but I do not get the marks for that conditional offer, is there any way to reaccept another offer I previously declined? Or do I then have no uni to go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfelicia)
    I have a question- if I accept a conditional offer, and therefore decline all other offers, but I do not get the marks for that conditional offer, is there any way to reaccept another offer I previously declined? Or do I then have no uni to go to?
    Most people keep two offers - one they firm and the other is their insurance. If you keep one and miss it then you can go into clearing.

ReputationRep:
    ok thank you! what does clearing mean though in this case? is it other units that still have space or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfelicia)
    ok thank you! what does clearing mean though in this case? is it other units that still have space or what?
    Yes, some unis will have spaces. Usually there is info ahead of results of some of the places that will be available. If you think you are going to mis your only offer then that's the time to research what might be available. Once you get rejected you get a clearing number then you can call the unis you are interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, why did you decline all your other offers?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't decline any of my offers as I am still waiting for one response, I was just wondering this as my first choice has high entry requirements and I feared that if I did not make these I would have no uni to go to. But now I'm reassured so its ok

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.