Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 10 and right now my grades are very low in maths and Im thinking that the higher paper might not be the best option for me . Can anyone help me with how I should be revising/studying to get my grades back up ? or , does anyone have advice about whether I should be taking the foundation or higher paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USER759)
    Im in year 10 and right now my grades are very low in maths and Im thinking that the higher paper might not be the best option for me . Can anyone help me with how I should be revising/studying to get my grades back up ? or , does anyone have advice about whether I should be taking the foundation or higher paper?
    higher if you pass you get a 5, foundation you have to do really well to get a 5. I like using bitesize which explain it then give you mini tests. Also do practice questions, half of maths is spotting what you have to do then knowing how to. PM me if you need help!

ReputationRep:
    I have completed GCSE maths; currently doing A level maths; and I found the best way to revise maths was to do lots.. and lots of practice papers. They don't even have to be for your new specification (which I did). But each time you get an answer wrong and you understand why you got it; you will apply that understanding to a different question of the same topic and hopefully get it correct next time. Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.