Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Hope you're good

I have an interview coming up with a digital marketing company based in Leeds. They have asked me to create a small marketing strategy for a fictitious travel agency.

The only issue I have is budget. I understand Google Adwords, but I don't know how much it costs etc.

If you work in digital marketing or have an understanding of how much these companies charge for their services, could you please get in touch with me

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Jon TSR, is this something you might know about?:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Google Adwords: PPC - you set the costs. Essentially its an auction. You are bidding against others for a piece of ad space in front of a qualified prospect. The prospect is qualified because they have googled one of you search terms, e.g. 'flights to Bognor Regis'. The higher the price you're willing to pay per click, the more likely you will outbid someone else to show your advert to someone who has plugged your search term. But you will spank your budget in no time. PPC is an art not a science so needs care and attention to set it up. I would suggest a pilot with a £100 budget and setting a £1 ppc price with a view of seeing how it goes. Experiment with your text too to increase click and sales rates. Justify the £1 ppc against the cost of the product you're advertising. If its a lower value product, lower your ppc price and visa versa. Then you'll need to consider the marketing funnel, i.e. conversion rates to a sale. i.e. how many clicks on your ad per sale. If you get 1 sale per 10 clicks, it would have cost you £100 to get 10 sales. If your target is 100 sales per month, you can now justify your PPC budget as £1000 per month. An agency would charge min. £700 per month on top of this for a basic management service. Hope that helps. D
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    PPC is a direct response mechanism - puts your product in front of people who are in the space to buy
    you could also talk about brand work. Positioning fictitious travel inc as a premium / budget / youth / family travel brand that people love. you could do content marketing (blogs and video) and put it in front of people by promoting it on youtube or through news sites on outbrain
    https://www.outbrain.com/help/advertisers/cpc-budget/

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.