Turn on thread page Beta

Question for you girls out there. watch

Can you become friends with a guy and say to him you just want to be friends and then a few months later say to him you want to be in a relationship.

My context is I have been dating a girl for three months and two months ago I opened up to her but she wanted to meet up more to decide on the relationship between us. This month she messaged me saying she just wants to be friends. I accepted that but I am just wondering if she would change later down the line as I feel we connect really well.

Personally I would try to find someone new if I were you. She probably has some other thing going on and doesn't want to hurt you. I wouldn't if I were you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? If she has straight up said she just wants to be friends, especially after giving it a go in the first place, I doubt she will change her mind. It sucks truly coming to terms with these things, but I think it's pretty clear if that is what she's said!

ReputationRep:
    Who knows. But don't wait around to find out.

And don't let her know that you're waiting for you two to get back. Because she'll think you're desperate, like a dog when it plays fetch.

Possible future. But sounds like she wasn't into you. If she comes back to you then it's a last resort sort of thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.