Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I finally managed to access the 2017 papers for AS geography (Don't ask me how tho) and the questions and mark schemes I have seen with it are worrying, my textbook only mentions a few of the points for the questions but doesn't really say any details which will help me to get the higher marks, the mark schemes were quite different and more detailed than what my textbook says, all my textbook can say is a bunch of garbage regarding the history of tectonics and all that or just examples which don't help me get the higher marks. I looked out there to see if there is any help for geography, there is quite a lot of AQA but very little for Edexcel, in general there isn't much support out there for Geography whereas for subjects like Chemistry and Maths there is tonnes of support out there.

I simply regret picking Geography now due to the lack of support I am receiving for it and the fact that the past paper questions are so different to the spec we are doing now isn't helping either, what can I do now in order to achieve top grades like Bs and As in AS geography with little support? Forget my teachers as they are clueless themselves

ReputationRep:
    Hmm can’t really help as I don’t do Geography although I’ve heard of the difficulty. I’m pretty sure that SnapRevise has Geography videos although you have to pay and not sure how useful they are. Maybe get a tutor? If you can afford it. Really though just practice practice practice and pester your teachers to mark exam questions for you constantly. Good Luck !
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.SA)
    Hmm can’t really help as I don’t do Geography although I’ve heard of the difficulty. I’m pretty sure that SnapRevise has Geography videos although you have to pay and not sure how useful they are. Maybe get a tutor? If you can afford it. Really though just practice practice practice and pester your teachers to mark exam questions for you constantly. Good Luck !
    Yes snaprevise does have geography videos but for AQA only, not Edexcel, I don't mind the money as long as it's not too expensive(Which I don't think it is since I alerady have an AS Bio SnapRevise brought)
    Yeah with tutors it's a bit of a problem, hardly any tutors for geography in my local area and getting one online costs £20 an hour, that's a little too much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.