Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure where to post this one, but family seems like the right place.

The main info you might need to help with giving me advice is this:

In 2014 my dad passed away from cancer, in 2015 my half brother commited suicide while we visited him abroad. My Twin sister during this time had developed an eating disorder, Severe OCD, and depression. I also developed Anxiety, Seperation anxiety (From my mum), insomnia, and a phobia of school. Im currently getting help from a counselor and i am working my way to getting better.

So my question is, since my sister got her disorders and mental health, another thing we noticed she gained was a nasty temper. She has significantly improved her eating disorder and her OCD is a lot better, not much luck on her depression or nasty temper. She's constantly starting arguements over anything/nothing. The arguments start of with shouting, then its swearing and name calling and then more insults. Most of the time the arguments are verbal but one time she turned it physical. Im really trying to be understanding about it because i know she's going through a lot but im also going through a hard time and so is the rest of the family, and she isnt making it any easier when she is constantly causing arguments. Some of the things she has said are absolutley horrible. She wont go to the counselors anymore to get help so we are really stuck on what to do.

Any advice on how I can help her calm down her anger issues, or any advice for any of the situations i bought up would be really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Also adding on: If anyone needs more information/details on the arguments i'll reply afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    I have ocd (germs) and anxiety with ocd I have it quite severely and I get upset if someone does something like say my dad comes in the house and doesn't wash his hands then touches food or if my friends at school invade my personal space too much and touch my stuff. Or if people ask me questions like why have you got hand gel or why don't you like your bag on the floor etc. I think it seems like you're being really supportive which is really kind and important because with depression you feel so lonely. Does she start arguments out of th4 blue? I 5hink it's best not to retaliate in arguments just walk away

ReputationRep:
    I get grumpy and snappy with my parents I've got depersonalization rn and it makes me miserable and I lash out at people or get really withdrawn but no one knows about it so I guess if they did know I'd want them to treat me normally so idk what you're doing wrong. I think you should talk to her about it because although she's going through stuff there's only so much you should put up with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issakatie)
    I have ocd (germs) and anxiety with ocd I have it quite severely and I get upset if someone does something like say my dad comes in the house and doesn't wash his hands then touches food or if my friends at school invade my personal space too much and touch my stuff. Or if people ask me questions like why have you got hand gel or why don't you like your bag on the floor etc. I think it seems like you're being really supportive which is really kind and important because with depression you feel so lonely. Does she start arguments out of th4 blue? I 5hink it's best not to retaliate in arguments just walk away

Yeah she does start arguments out of the blue. It becomes difficult because none of us know what we can do. We have tried a lot, and are doing our best to understand her situation and help her out, but there is only so much we can do. I know she's struggling and I hate to see her like this, but our family is being torn about because of it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.