Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am currently writing my dissertation which is a lab-based project. So I am in the lab during working hours and then have the evenings to write my dissertation. However, I am really struggling with the writing in the evenings as I get so tired. The other issue is that I am literally writing with nothing to aim towards, i.e. I am writing until it is time to stop for the day and get ready for bed. I am contemplating moving my sleeping hours so that I would be getting up at 4am and going to bed at 8pm. This way, when I get up at 4am, I will be awake and able to write. I will also have an end goal as I know that I will have to leave my house at 8.30 to go into the labs. I was just wondering if anybody has tried this or had any advice?
    I am a morning person anyway, I do much better first thing rather than the evenings and after dinner!
    Thank you

It sounds like a good plan. Waking up early will be better for you assuming you get the needed sleep. Remember it will take some time for your body to get used to the routine.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.