Turn on thread page Beta

Lip pimple and ulcer at the same time? Why watch

I rarely get ulcers and if I do they're only there for a day or two and I hardly notice. Around 3 days ago I got one on the inside of my lower lip and it really f*cking hurts. Hurts whenever I move my mouth, especially when eating.
    I've also always had two very small skin coloured bumps on the lip line of my upper lip. Same day as my ulcer (or day after, can't remember) one of the bumps starting hurting. Next day turned into a full blown red pimple but was able to disguise it with lipstick. Today it's even bigger and more painful with a white head. Didn't want to pop it but I was going out and it looked ridiculous. It's only slightly reduced in size and is still angry, painful and red.

So basically have pain in my upper and lower lips. I brush my teeth daily, don't really use lip balm unless necessary, don't eat greasy foods and if I do I wipe my mouth. I do wear lipstick but it's the same formula (not same tube dw) I've been using for years so I doubt it's an allergic reaction.
    Thankfully I haven't got a hot valentines day date, but it's really bothering me. Does anyone know what would cause both an angry pimple and a horrendous ulcer at the same time? Wouldn't say I'm that stressed and my period isn't for a couple weeks.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I rarely get ulcers and if I do they're only there for a day or two and I hardly notice. Around 3 days ago I got one on the inside of my lower lip and it really f*cking hurts. Hurts whenever I move my mouth, especially when eating.
    I've also always had two very small skin coloured bumps on the lip line of my upper lip. Same day as my ulcer (or day after, can't remember) one of the bumps starting hurting. Next day turned into a full blown red pimple but was able to disguise it with lipstick. Today it's even bigger and more painful with a white head. Didn't want to pop it but I was going out and it looked ridiculous. It's only slightly reduced in size and is still angry, painful and red.

So basically have pain in my upper and lower lips. I brush my teeth daily, don't really use lip balm unless necessary, don't eat greasy foods and if I do I wipe my mouth. I do wear lipstick but it's the same formula (not same tube dw) I've been using for years so I doubt it's an allergic reaction.
    Thankfully I haven't got a hot valentines day date, but it's really bothering me. Does anyone know what would cause both an angry pimple and a horrendous ulcer at the same time? Wouldn't say I'm that stressed and my period isn't for a couple weeks.
    Are you feeling run down/tired/unwell?

Ulcers are often prompted by stress or being under the weather...and if you've been touching/fiddling with your mouth because the ulcer was bothering you then that might have kicked off the spot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.