Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey yall guess who got rejected??! Yeah that’s right, ME. It’s not like I had the best grades (AAB) but it is their minimum for my course AND I was eligible for a contextual offer so I’m a bit confused to how I got rejected. I know contextual isn’t a free pass but it felt insinuated that I would get it ya feel? They said I didn’t meet the grades even though I did. Can I fight this? Or are my chances of getting them to change their mind slim to none?

Thanks for the help!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by F.SA)
    Hey yall guess who got rejected??! Yeah that’s right, ME. It’s not like I had the best grades (AAB) but it is their minimum for my course AND I was eligible for a contextual offer so I’m a bit confused to how I got rejected. I know contextual isn’t a free pass but it felt insinuated that I would get it ya feel? They said I didn’t meet the grades even though I did. Can I fight this? Or are my chances of getting them to change their mind slim to none?

Thanks for the help!
    Which course? Just curious.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Edinburgh as well and I also had the right grades, seems they do it often. Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    what was the course?

ReputationRep:
    Depending on course they may also reflect on interview performance. Personal statement included.
    As much as it sucks meeting the requirements for a high demand course has no guarantee of actually receiving an offer. Certainly phoning the admissions office and either asking for feedback or about their appeals process if you wished to go down that route would harbour no harm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewrongofsummer)
    what was the course?
    It was AI & Maths, I rang up a few times and emailed them and then spoke to head of admissions with no luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieNorth)
    I got rejected from Edinburgh as well and I also had the right grades, seems they do it often. Where else have you applied?
    Lancaster Loughborough Leeds and Glasgow and got offers from all four. Just Edinburgh was my first choice but oh well I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    Depending on course they may also reflect on interview performance. Personal statement included.
    As much as it sucks meeting the requirements for a high demand course has no guarantee of actually receiving an offer. Certainly phoning the admissions office and either asking for feedback or about their appeals process if you wished to go down that route would harbour no harm.
    I didn’t have an interview but I know you’re right... just sucks that I see other people with the same grades getting offers but they pull out the “you didn’t meet the grades” but oh well I guess it’s not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewrongofsummer)
    what was the course?
    Mathematics MSci might be cause I went for MSci instead of Bsci now that I think about it ...

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.