beccabombecca
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What is the hardest topic in AS biology? Also, what's the hardest topic/s in A level biology.
Lord Nutter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on you really;

People tend to find photosynthesis & respiration the hardest - as there is so much confusing stuff going on and you spend most of your time saying what the f*ck is going on.
beccabombecca
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Nutter)
Depends on you really;

People tend to find photosynthesis & respiration the hardest - as there is so much confusing stuff going on and you spend most of your time saying what the f*ck is going on
Agreed! I am only in first year of A level biology but our teacher was going over respiration. It was just so technical and I was sitting there like... what the f is going on :0
beccabombecca
Rep:
?
Depends on you really;

People tend to find photosynthesis & respiration the hardest - as there is so much confusing stuff going on and you spend most of your time saying what the f*ck is going on. Although this is A2 - there is not much that really stands out as difficult in AS probably trying to remember it all and get the marks in the exam I suppose.
Also the amount on organelles, it's so much
Lord Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by beccabombecca)
Agreed! I am only in first year of A level biology but our teacher was going over respiration. It was just so technical and I was sitting there like... what the f is going on :0
Unlucky - as that content is covered in the A2 section for my exam board (AQA)
beccabombecca
Rep:
?
Unlucky - as that content is covered in the A2 section for my exam board (AQA)
Oh jeez. Sorry one more question! Are there any parts of more parts of A2 that are particularly challenging?
Lord Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh jeez. Sorry one more question! Are there any parts of more parts of A2 that are particularly challenging?
Not really - it mainly remembering and applying that you'll need to focus on. Although there is a topic on synapses, muscle contraction and homeostasis which is pretty content heavy.

Other than that it is a memory & past paper game.
beccabombecca
Rep:
?
Not really - it mainly remembering and applying that you'll need to focus on. Although there is a topic on synapses, muscle contraction and homeostasis which is pretty content heavy.

Gr88. Legit everywhere is like, 'past papers are your best friends' but as bad as this sounds I just cannot be asked to sit down and do them. It's so much effort ! :eek:
Lord Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Gr88. Legit everywhere is like, 'past papers are your best friends' but as bad as this sounds I just cannot be asked to sit down and do them. It's so much effort ! :eek:
Just do a little each day

Spoiler:
Show

easy wins
CopyThat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

We've literally just started this topic at A2, The topic is really content heavy and hard to get my head around i also keep getting the processes mixed up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (55)
17.13%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads