Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fun in Newcastle?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Next week (tuesday to thursday) my friend (19) and I (18) are going up to Newcastle for a post-application open day, since we are there so long we want things to do to explore the city/ area. Does anyone have any good recommendations for things such as shops, bars etc that we could go in??

Also, if anyone knows a mini golf place up there?? And an ice rink, ideally a permanent one. THANKS IN ADVANCE

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually been out in Newcastle but studied there and lived there for a bit.

The main go to place seems to be Digital Nightclub, next to the Life Centre quite close to the city centre. There's an O2 Academy close to the centre and a Tiger Tiger as well, but I'm not sure where exactly this is. Plenty of other nice places to go drinking in the centre, even some gothic bar next to the train station, you'll find more and more of these as you get to know people there who go regularly on bar crawls.

Mini golf I'm not too sure about and I know the Life Centre puts up an ice rink throughout the winter months (November, December, January) but this is only temporary. I'd bet anything though that there are permanent ones a little further outside of the city, Newcastle has everything else you could want.

Enjoy it, Newcastle is an amazing place and I love it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.