Arizona Senate passes bill to allow tax payments in cryptocurrencies

Watch
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-ar...nts-in-bitcoin

The Arizona Senate passed a bill on Feb. 8 to allow residents in the state to pay their taxes with cryptocurrencies, public records indicate.

The Senate Bill 1091, which intends to enable cryptocurrencies for tax payment, was introduced Jan. 10, 2018 and passed by the Senate Finance Committee by a 4-3 vote on Jan. 24. On Feb. 8, the Senate passed the bill by a 16-13 margin, with one no-vote.

The bill has now been sent to Arizona’s House of Representatives.

If the bill is adopted, Arizona would become the first state in the U.S. to accept cryptocurrency tax payments by the year of 2020, as stated on the public record. The bill would allow taxpayers of the state to use “a payment gateway, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin or any other cryptocurrency recognized by the department, using electronic peer-to-peer systems.”

Pretty big news, I wonder if the house of reps will approve it.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Interesting news for sure, though I would be somewhat surprised if it were to be approved at this point in time.
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Interesting news for sure, though I would be somewhat surprised if it were to be approved at this point in time.
Yeah I'm not sure if the house of reps will pass it but it at least shows a willingness at the senate level. In fact recently during the CFTC meeting they were actually quite bullish on cryptocurrency which was pretty surprising.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads