London Academy of Excellence 2018 Applicants

Watch
This discussion is closed.
SilverLipa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I have been called in for an interview and I have 3 weeks to prepare.
Can any students who have done the interview let me know what questions they ask and provide tips on how to answer them?

Many thanks
indie.sxnds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SilverLipa)
Can any students who have done the interview let me know what questions they ask and provide tips on how to answer them?

Many thanks
Me too! I have no idea what they're going to ask, but apparently most colleges ask you to talk about your options, perspectives of their college, and your interest in current affairs, so I guess thats what I'm going for
SilverLipa
Rep:
?
(Original post by aspiring-student)
Me too! I have no idea what they're going to ask, but apparently most colleges ask you to talk about your options, perspectives of their college, and your interest in current affairs, so I guess thats what I'm going for
Yhh, i was thinking the same. What time is your interview?
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yhh, i was thinking the same. What time is your interview?
9:00am on the 24th, you?
username3700358
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Many thanks
i was a former student. it depends on your subjects, what are you planning to study?
SilverLipa
Rep:
?
(Original post by classicbanker)
i was a former student. it depends on your subjects, what are you planning to study?
Biology, Chemistry, Government and politics and RE
SilverLipa
Rep:
?
9:00am on the 24th, you?
9am on the 3rd,in a week basically
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
9am on the 3rd,in a week basically
ahh good luck!
SilverLipa
Rep:
?
ahh good luck!
Thanks, u too
safoorach
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by classicbanker)
I've got an interview this Saturday and i'm studying maths, further maths, spanish and economics. Any idea on what they'd ask? Thanks.
Aminah.hussain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So I just had my interview and it began with a group quiz as the activity on general questions related to each subject you can take for example, economics:who’s the head of the Bank of England or something of the sort , chemistry was working out moles etc etc it’s nothing too stressful and it gets you comfortable with the people you’re around With the actual interview it’s with one teacher and they ask you questions from four of th headings on your application, it’s all about you and your future plans. Honestly dont stress too much this is all to see whether this school is even for you more than you being for the school
tritonpwn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I agree with Aminah as I was there on the same day and time for the interview. Don't stress it's fine, really. What were your options and predicted grades? Mine were literature, history, government & politics and PRE. My predicted grades were: Math; 7 English Language; 7 English Literature; 8 Biology; 7 Chemistry; 7 Physics; 7 History; 7 Religion; 9 Economics; 8 Spanish; 7
ym123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tritonpwn)
Yeah I agree with Aminah as I was there on the same day and time for the interview. Don't stress it's fine, really. What were your options and predicted grades? Mine were literature, history, government & politics and PRE. My predicted grades were: Math; 7 English Language; 7 English Literature; 8 Biology; 7 Chemistry; 7 Physics; 7 History; 7 Religion; 9 Economics; 8 Spanish; 7
Did you get in
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads