Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have been called in for an interview and I have 3 weeks to prepare.
    Can any students who have done the interview let me know what questions they ask and provide tips on how to answer them?

Many thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverLipa)
    Can any students who have done the interview let me know what questions they ask and provide tips on how to answer them?

Many thanks
    Me too! I have no idea what they're going to ask, but apparently most colleges ask you to talk about your options, perspectives of their college, and your interest in current affairs, so I guess thats what I'm going for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring-student)
    Me too! I have no idea what they're going to ask, but apparently most colleges ask you to talk about your options, perspectives of their college, and your interest in current affairs, so I guess thats what I'm going for
    Yhh, i was thinking the same. What time is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Yhh, i was thinking the same. What time is your interview?
    9:00am on the 24th, you?

ReputationRep:

Many thanks
    i was a former student. it depends on your subjects, what are you planning to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicbanker)
    i was a former student. it depends on your subjects, what are you planning to study?
    Biology, Chemistry, Government and politics and RE

ReputationRep:
    9:00am on the 24th, you?
    9am on the 3rd,in a week basically

ReputationRep:
    9am on the 3rd,in a week basically
    ahh good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ahh good luck!
    Thanks, u too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicbanker)
    I've got an interview this Saturday and i'm studying maths, further maths, spanish and economics. Any idea on what they'd ask? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    So I just had my interview and it began with a group quiz as the activity on general questions related to each subject you can take for example, economics:who’s the head of the Bank of England or something of the sort , chemistry was working out moles etc etc it’s nothing too stressful and it gets you comfortable with the people you’re around With the actual interview it’s with one teacher and they ask you questions from four of th headings on your application, it’s all about you and your future plans. Honestly dont stress too much this is all to see whether this school is even for you more than you being for the school

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with Aminah as I was there on the same day and time for the interview. Don't stress it's fine, really. What were your options and predicted grades? Mine were literature, history, government & politics and PRE. My predicted grades were: Math; 7 English Language; 7 English Literature; 8 Biology; 7 Chemistry; 7 Physics; 7 History; 7 Religion; 9 Economics; 8 Spanish; 7

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.