Turn on thread page Beta

At this point, I kind of WANT to get catcalled? watch

Announcements

17 y/o female and never been in a relationship. Been asked out twice, once as a joke and once by a random guy who was most likely drunk. As bad as it sounds - I think I have a pretty extreme attention deprivation - I actually sort of liked it.

My friends have all been blessed with good looks and constantly complain about getting catcalled. Yesterday, I went out with one of them and she got asked out by some random dude. Like any sane person, she turned him down, yet I felt bad because I realised how easily I probably would've said yes. To my friends, getting attention is something they seem to hate. I think I would love it, even if it wasn't the right kind of attention.

Am I just very ugly? I know I'm not the most attractive person - my vision is fine. I can tell that much. But does anyone else ever feel like this? Or just me?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    17 y/o female and never been in a relationship. Been asked out twice, once as a joke and once by a random guy who was most likely drunk. As bad as it sounds - I think I have a pretty extreme attention deprivation - I actually sort of liked it.

My friends have all been blessed with good looks and constantly complain about getting catcalled. Yesterday, I went out with one of them and she got asked out by some random dude. Like any sane person, she turned him down, yet I felt bad because I realised how easily I probably would've said yes. To my friends, getting attention is something they seem to hate. I think I would love it, even if it wasn't the right kind of attention.

Am I just very ugly? I know I'm not the most attractive person - my vision is fine. I can tell that much. But does anyone else ever feel like this? Or just me?
    Focus on something which actually matters, and that's your studies. You'll find the perfect person in due time.

honestly, i understand you 100%, and i feel the same way.
    nonetheless, i'm sure you'll find someone perfect for you when the right time comes around x

ReputationRep:
    I used to feel like this at 17 but then realised I shouldn’t be caring about what other people think about my body or whatever in order to feel valued. Value comes from within. Catcall urself, ask urself out. Once you love yourself you will not care and only then will someone come along, when ur not looking 💓
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for the right chico. He will find you very appealing.

Having someone catcall is the ugliest form of prurience, and not something you want in your life. The reason some people get "selected" over others is entirely arbitrary and nothing to do with your being unattractive. Don't worry.

I personally love getting catcalled. Even if I feel slightly nervous about walking past 5 leery builders, I'll still feel quite pleased if they make a comment, even if I don't show it. It's human nature to enjoy compliments even if they're not always given in the best situation.
    If you want more attention when you go out then keep your head up, look at people in the eye when you walk towards them don't just look at the floor or avoid them, don't walk around with headphones in, walk confidently with purpose. To attract even more attention, try wearing something a bit more eye catching or some earrings to frame your face. Eyeliner/mascara and lipstick can also help draw the eye in as well as well groomed hair that is kept off the face. You probably are quite good looking but just aren't presenting yourself in the best way you can. I probably walk past loads of good looking guys I don't really notice just because they blend into the crowd with their clothes/walk/presence. Also this advice isn't just on how to get catcalled, it's how to get guys to stop and approach you or give you the eye at the very least.
    Try it tomorrow, I find single people are much more on the lookout and aware of people on valentines day. Feels like there's something in the air and everyone is thirsty af.
    If all else fails try this:
    https://thetab.com/uk/2018/02/07/wha...medium=popular

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.