Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently planning to take either a human geography degree or an urban planning degree but I am unsure if my A levels are applicable for me to apply for universities I would want to go to (The requirements say either just As and usually says 'no specific subjects'/doesn't show).

My A level subjects are Geography, Art and Psychology. I'm planning to apply for UCL, LSE and Kings so far.. It can change still. I got a 6 for my Maths GCSE though and so far I'm uneasy about the fact some top universities specifically require Maths for their Geography courses.

Will I still get an offer or will the course be fit for me if ever I applied for the degree despite of my A level subjects and if ever I have really high predicted grades and a really good personal statement? :/
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by cryingkimchi)
    I am currently planning to take either a human geography degree or an urban planning degree but I am unsure if my A levels are applicable for me to apply for universities I would want to go to (The requirements say either just As and usually says 'no specific subjects'/doesn't show).

My A level subjects are Geography, Art and Psychology. I'm planning to apply for UCL, LSE and Kings so far.. It can change still. I got a 6 for my Maths GCSE though and so far I'm uneasy about the fact some top universities specifically require Maths for their Geography courses.

Will I still get an offer or will the course be fit for me if ever I applied for the degree despite of my A level subjects and if ever I have really high predicted grades and a really good personal statement? :/
    Will the course be a fit for you and whether or not you'll get an offer are two different questions entirely. Your A levels themselves have no issues; you just have to meet/exceed the entry requirements with your predicted and it should be fine. Whether the course fits you or not is the research you have to do yourself; look at the modules and try to find information about the teaching methods and such.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.