Turn on thread page Beta

Battery beyond useless. Which iPhone model has good battery life? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I know. But SE is free with my carrier. The pluses all cost and I don't have spare cash And yeh... headphone jack is non negotaiable. I'm not upgrading my Boses!
    I'll sleep on things.

No idea why carriers always seem to force you to get the icky colour of a phone...
    On the iPhones that fail to have a headphone jack there’s an adapter provided which allows you to use your existing headphones with them, not that I’ve had to use it since I got the phone as I either use the supplied EarPods or my Powerbeats Wireless but as you said you have Bose then you will need the adapted, I would just leave the adapter attached to the headphones then when you go to connect them to the phone it’ll be like your connecting a set of lightning headphones

Hi iPhone users :hello: I'm upgrading but I can't afford to repeat the mistake of getting a model with catastrophically poor battery.
    My iPhone4 was great. I had it nearly 5 years. No issues. Battery was fine. Only got rid of it sometime after it became obsolete and I began to struggle to get apps onto it because of the iOS freeze.
    So how on earth they managed to make the iPhone5S (my next phone) way worse on the battery front is beyond me. So... if you have an iPhone and the battery lasts a decent amount of time, please tell me which model it is.

If you are here to:
    a) Tell me why Android/Samsung is better
    or
    b) Show off your tech knowledge by posting a whole bunch of details I never asked about in this thread,

Then... neg might be disabled but I'm negging you in my mind

And yes I am reading reviews online, but I always find it really helpful to hear from TSRers who actually own a device.

Thanks very much - I really appreciate it
    1. [*
    2. You can't ask a question about something technology-related without reasonably expecting some level of technical detail in response. Especially something so chaotic as battery life, which depends on (a) how much you use it (b) your screen brightness preference (c) how much you use WiFi rather than mobile data (d) how many messaging/social apps you use (e) how warm it's likely to be ususally (f) how often you charge it &c &c &c.

If all you want to know is which iPhone has the best battery life, do a side-by-side comparison of all the current models' battery sizes; the one with the biggest number next to that funny "mAH" abbreviation is the one for you :yy: sure it's not going to yield the most precise result. In fact, why don't you just go to an Apple Store and get one of their sales bods to help you out, I'm sure they'd be happy to :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fresher18)
    On the iPhones that fail to have a headphone jack there’s an adapter provided which allows you to use your existing headphones with them, not that I’ve had to use it since I got the phone as I either use the supplied EarPods or my Powerbeats Wireless but as you said you have Bose then you will need the adapted, I would just leave the adapter attached to the headphones then when you go to connect them to the phone it’ll be like your connecting a set of lightning headphones

Ah I see. Well that’s not quite as silly as it sounded, but it is still pretty annoying. Apple are getting more and more tiresome.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. Well that’s not quite as silly as it sounded, but it is still pretty annoying. Apple are getting more and more tiresome.
    Not too sure why you would want to restrict yourself to an iphone when you are so concerned about the battery life.

There are many good options when it comes to android devices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    Not too sure why you would want to restrict yourself to an iphone when you are so concerned about the battery life.

There are many good options when it comes to android devices.
    That’s because you didn’t read the thread

ReputationRep:
    Battery life on my current 5S is painful lasting about 3 or 4 hours which is no where near enough for the school day. I've been caught out plenty of times when my parents have wanted to call me and I can't because my phone is out of charge. Whilst 3 - 4 hours sounds OK to some people, this isn't doing anything intensive, I have a laptop for that, I just use it to listen to music and check up on social stuff occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 152mmOfDerp)
    Battery life on my current 5S is painful lasting about 3 or 4 hours which is no where near enough for the school day. I've been caught out plenty of times when my parents have wanted to call me and I can't because my phone is out of charge. Whilst 3 - 4 hours sounds OK to some people, this isn't doing anything intensive, I have a laptop for that, I just use it to listen to music and check up on social stuff occasionally.
    Yup, that's my situation exactly

Today I had to extend my carshare booking (at a cost) because my phone died just as I'd confirmed the booking but before I could navigate to where it was parked using the in-app map :banghead:
    Had to go into a supermarket to get some charge back and find my bearings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 152mmOfDerp)
    Why not pick up a new battery on Amazon for under £15?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Why not pick up a new battery on Amazon for under £15?
    I'm picking up a new Phone soon so I don't want to invest in it much plus I already have a powerbank, it's just I sometimes forget to take the cable. Another issue I've found is that whenever I type too fast, the phone doesn't seem to be able to handle it so it crashes the current app.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.