Turn on thread page Beta

How can I show people I’m not gay? watch

So I’m in high school and play baseball. I like sports I wear jackets, average stuff. My coach picks on me as a go-to and while he was talking about his marriage, I yawned. He responded with “well I’m sorry X for boring you but maybe you might get married, maybe. It may even be a man” and well after that everyone keeps bringing it up like it’s comedy scripture. The problem comes in to where every time it is brought up, people have begun to think I’m actually gay. I’m not. I’ve never been in a full relationship, but I’ve talked with girls, gotten far, gotten kisses etc. but for whatever reason no one looks at that and continues to think I’m gay. Whenever coach catches me and my friends talking, he says “you talking bout’ girls? Keep it down” and some of the class usually say “well with X, I mean” and yea it’s a joke. But the new students we get and those who don’t know me personally think I’m gay. It just bothers me a little bit. I know I’m straight and I like girls. I’m fit, kinda muscular and talk to girls, but it’s still overlooked. HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How can I show people I'm not gay
    You don't need to show them anything. Those who matter know that you're not, and those who don't know don't matter. If you actually feel the need to show anything, then you might have bigger problems than you realize

flip the script, embrace the joke, laugh it off and maybe even play up to it. if you act like it bothers you then it makes you look like you're insecure about your sexuality and people will continue to make a thing about it. i'm sure the people who knew you before know you're not, they're just teasing you. doubt it's going to put any girls off, they'll just find it funny and probably feel more comfortable around you if anything. think about russell brand, he's very flamboyant and doesn't come across as that macho and straight but he's extremely successful with women.

ReputationRep:
    You don’t need to show them anything. Your sexuality is the business of only you and your partner. Nobody else. The coach sounds like a right prick. Just be yourself and ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    So I’m in high school and play baseball. I like sports I wear jackets, average stuff. My coach picks on me as a go-to and while he was talking about his marriage, I yawned. He responded with “well I’m sorry X for boring you but maybe you might get married, maybe. It may even be a man” and well after that everyone keeps bringing it up like it’s comedy scripture. The problem comes in to where every time it is brought up, people have begun to think I’m actually gay. I’m not. I’ve never been in a full relationship, but I’ve talked with girls, gotten far, gotten kisses etc. but for whatever reason no one looks at that and continues to think I’m gay. Whenever coach catches me and my friends talking, he says “you talking bout’ girls? Keep it down” and some of the class usually say “well with X, I mean” and yea it’s a joke. But the new students we get and those who don’t know me personally think I’m gay. It just bothers me a little bit. I know I’m straight and I like girls. I’m fit, kinda muscular and talk to girls, but it’s still overlooked. HELP
    The coach sounds like a right prick

ReputationRep:
    Give the coach the right hook
    Show him how gay you really are!

ReputationRep:
    I wear jackets
    Well... if you wear jackets and they still think you are gay, then I am out of ideas.

That was going to be my first and, it turns out, my only suggestion.

If people think you might be gay, wear a jacket.

No, hang on, that might be where you're going wrong. You said you wear jackets. Not a jacket. Perhaps you are wearing too many, i.e. more than one, jackets.

ReputationRep:
    It's dead simple: they can see it gets to you. They know it's a sore issue for you and they are taking advantage. If it's been going on for that long, it's probably too late to put a stop to it. You could try brushing it off and acting unfazed, that would kill their enjoyment. Or you could try and engage them in a serious conversation and ask them why they're so interested in your sexuality and what they hope to accomplish by bringing it up all the time. This might make them sweat a little and actually consider that what they are doing is a waste of time. Maybe do it loudly in public to enhance the effect and embarrass them further. This requires a good pair of balls, a relaxed confident voice and a steady gaze. Chances are, they'll brush it off by laughing and making more jokes but this is merely an expression of discomfort. They'll be less enthusiatic about f*cking with you. Alternatively, you could challenge one of them to a fight (only do this if you can win AND get away with it) and they'll either back down or bow to social pressure and accept.

ReputationRep:
    dont wear pink
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Smeggy is right. It would be worth looking up the discrimination laws in your state. Meanwhile if you don't react, he'll get bored of doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Well... if you wear jackets and they still think you are gay, then I am out of ideas.

That was going to be my first and, it turns out, my only suggestion.

If people think you might be gay, wear a jacket.

No, hang on, that might be where you're going wrong. You said you wear jackets. Not a jacket. Perhaps you are wearing too many, i.e. more than one, jackets.
    :lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.