Commuting to University? Watch

Fudgey123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

Just want to see how many of you are out there, do you commute to uni on a daily basis by a means of public transport? How do you find it?

I'm a commuter myself, having to get up at 05:20 to catch 2 trains to get to my university for 08:30, total madness right?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fudgey123)
Hi guys,

Just want to see how many of you are out there, do you commute to uni on a daily basis by a means of public transport? How do you find it?

I'm a commuter myself, having to get up at 05:20 to catch 2 trains to get to my university for 08:30, total madness right?
Lots of people do it and even more for work so no you're fine as long as you can find that study/life balance are getting enough sleep and are participating in uni life outside your studies.
leveridge96
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I'm into my final year of commuting to uni by train. Been good days and bad days with it. How far do you commute to get to your uni just out of interest?
Fudgey123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by leveridge96)
I'm into my final year of commuting to uni by train. Been good days and bad days with it. How far do you commute to get to your uni just out of interest?
Thanks for your reply!

My commute one way is about an hour an half, sometimes 2 hours depending on the train times. I have to get a train from Swansea to Cardiff, and then from Cardiff a train to Trefforest (in Pontypridd).

I do enjoy commuting, I can get a lot of work done during the commute too which is a bonus! I've only been commuting since September and haven't come into any major delays as of yet!

How long is your commute?
golden girl 789
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I get up at half four and leave at half five and have to get 3 trains to get to uni for 9!
Melcaps
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you serious?? You poor sod. I really don't think precious Uni time should be a nasty foretaste of the years to come. Commuting is for workers and we get through it because there's no alternative, an end in sight and we have sweet memories of that brief but vital time as students when we felt like our minds could roam free and the future was ours. Not right to have to battle harsh relentless reality so soon, in my view. Still, well done for doing what clearly needs to be done in this brave new world where further education is a luxury hard - earned as opposed to a right for those who choose to take it
Forester98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I commute two and half hours one way to uni. I quite enjoy it obviously some days aren’t as good as others.
I always catch the train before the one that gets me in exactly on time. I’ve had one bad delay where I was stuck on the train for five hours but that was because someone jumped from a bridge into the front of the train and broke through the windscreen and injured the driver. The driver had to go to hospital and then we had to be cleared by the police and what not but I don’t think that happens very often.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Forester98)
I commute two and half hours one way to uni. I quite enjoy it obviously some days aren’t as good as others.
I always catch the train before the one that gets me in exactly on time. I’ve had one bad delay where I was stuck on the train for five hours but that was because someone jumped from a bridge into the front of the train and broke through the windscreen and injured the driver. The driver had to go to hospital and then we had to be cleared by the police and what not but I don’t think that happens very often.
How much does a one way trip cost you then, if you dont mind me asking?
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Forester98)
That’s 5 hours a day how do you manage to do well anything outside of classes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.79%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.48%
No I am happy with my course choice (453)
58.83%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.9%

Watched Threads