Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race? watch

As above.

(Just so we’re clear - it’s not racist to say that you wouldn’t... What you’re attracted does not mean you’re discriminatory against people)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race
    Much as I try, I'm finding it very hard not to think this is an offensive question. But I fail to see what one thing (race) has to do with another (attraction)

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I’m attracted to all races but i wouldn’t. Ill stay with a black man

(5)

I’m half Qatari Quarter Pakistani And Quarter White but I would only have relationships with Arab and Pakistani girls.

ReputationRep:
    As above.

(Just so we’re clear - it’s not racist to say that you wouldn’t... What you’re attracted does not mean you’re discriminatory against people)
    I could role with any.

Though, even i have my preferences - Arab or Pakistani girls.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes, I'm currently in one.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ofc

ReputationRep:
    Yes as I am in one now #Interracial

If you’re in an interracial relationship and you then have a mixed child, then you split up, would any of you consider the consequences of that on your child? A mixed child is more likely to be bullied than anyone else, they’re unsure about their identity and they’ll be under pressure to side with each race... and which ever side they’ll choose they’ll not be fully accepted in that race... just making a thought provoking point

Say youre in an interracial relationship and you have a child then you split up... consider the mental effect on that child - they don’t know which race/side of the family to side with, and whichever side they choose they won’t fully fit in, they’re more likely to be bullied at school/wherever than anyone else... just raising a thought provoking point

ReputationRep:
    Yes

It's not racist at all- there's research showing that we seek partners that look like/are like our parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yes, I'm currently in one.

a white girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maven Writers)
    Much as I try, I'm finding it very hard not to think this is an offensive question. But I fail to see what one thing (race) has to do with another (attraction)
    There's a lot of research showing that our partners look like our mother; and so therefore we are likely to be in a relationship with someone who's the same race. Think about it; we see our parents as loving and caring, and subconsiously we are likely to tie those traits to someone who has the roughly the same skin colour, hair colour etc.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    As above.

Human?

Are we talking shape of water territory here?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes, but there are certain ethnicites that I do not particularly find attractive.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Absolutely not. What an awful idea!

I refuse to date anyone who doesn't run the 800m :borat:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm rather proud of the diversity of the notches on my bed post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Yes, but there are certain ethnicites that I do not particularly find attractive.
    So not one person from a particular ethnicity can be attractive to you?

ReputationRep:
    As above.

It's literally discrimination.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.