Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    How about you pass your GCSE's in your next life so you don't have to take BTEC
    I choose to do BTECs. Great comeback though I'm sooo hurt😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Only white people? Lmao lots of other different people belonging to different races belive their race is superior..
    Yeah and erratic_deus clearly thinks that she is better than us lol

ReputationRep:
    In essence, 'race' is just adaptations to where your family has lived for longest, so different 'races' look different purely for this reason. You can be racist regardless of race. When my black mother complains about asians taking all the services from the white people, she's being racist. Some people, regardless of their race, will judge you based on your race. The only thing you can do to minimise that bias is to dress nicely, keep good hygiene, and have good manners. Beyond that it is out of your control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btecbiochemistry)
    Yes

It's not racist at all- there's research showing that we seek partners that look like/are like our parents
    I Dont

ReputationRep:
    Ive only been with white girls but I do find some other races attractive. In fact I’m sure id be able to find an attractive girl from every race.

I did fancy a Pakistani girl I worked with and I could tell she was into me. She started acting really white though, we went for a drink after work with a few other people and before I knew it (2vodkas later) she was drunk, I could now see her cleavage and she was all over me. She wanted me to take her home but my girlfriend was waiting at home for me so even though I was interested I left it at that.

Left the job not long after and even though I’ve thought about her a lot since and I have her number, I haven’t reached out.

However the fact she was Pakistani and did all the praying stuff actually made her more attractive because in my mind it meant she wouldn’t be a slut - something I’ve found with most of the white girls I’ve been interested in. I know my family would accept any race I brought home but I did wonder if a white guy would be accepted into a Pakistani family easily or if I would have to jump through hoops to prove myself - which I probably wouldn’t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewok94)
    Ive only been with white girls but I do find some other races attractive. In fact I’m sure id be able to find an attractive girl from every race.

I did fancy a Pakistani girl I worked with and I could tell she was into me. She started acting really white though, we went for a drink after work with a few other people and before I knew it (2vodkas later) she was drunk, I could now see her cleavage and she was all over me. She wanted me to take her home but my girlfriend was waiting at home for me so even though I was interested I left it at that.

Left the job not long after and even though I’ve thought about her a lot since and I have her number, I haven’t reached out.

However the fact she was Pakistani and did all the praying stuff actually made her more attractive because in my mind it meant she wouldn’t be a slut - something I’ve found with most of the white girls I’ve been interested in. I know my family would accept any race I brought home but I did wonder if a white guy would be accepted into a Pakistani family easily or if I would have to jump through hoops to prove myself - which I probably wouldn’t.
    You would be accepted into a Pakistani family easily as my auntie she is white (fully English and Welsh) and she was accepted into her now husband`s family who is a Indian family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiarichards16)
    You would be accepted into a Pakistani family easily as my auntie she is white (fully English and Welsh) and she was accepted into her now husband`s family who is a Indian family.

So even if they aren’t very religious and old fashioned they would still easily accept you? I’m not a standard 24 year old white guy anyway, I smoke a lot of weed but I don’t drink. It’s easy to hide when im stoned so I’d look like a real straight edge guy to her mum. I Might make the move 😂

ReputationRep:
    So even if they aren’t very religious and old fashioned they would still easily accept you? I’m not a standard 24 year old white guy anyway, I smoke a lot of weed but I don’t drink. It’s easy to hide when im stoned so I’d look like a real straight edge guy to her mum. I Might make the move 😂
    Well try not to smoke weed when you are visiting her parents and when they are visiting you because then they will see you as the "perfect" guy. But if you need anymore relationship advice, PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Well try not to smoke weed when you are visiting her parents and when they are visiting you because then they will see you as the "perfect" guy. But if you need anymore relationship advice, PM me.
    Thanks so much. Carpe diem. How do I tell my current girlfriend of three years who lives with me that I’m going to attempt this?

ReputationRep:
    So are you going to dump your current girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    However the fact she was Pakistani and did all the praying stuff actually made her more attractive because in my mind it meant she wouldn’t be a slut -

You sure about that mate?

"(2vodkas later) she was drunk, I could now see her cleavage and she was all over me. She wanted me to take her home"
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Easily? I know you've provided an example but many Asian parents (especially South Asian parents) are very strict when it comes to their children dating. It's not going to be that straightforward.

I wish I was in a relationship with someone outside of my race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    You sure about that mate?

"(2vodkas later) she was drunk, I could now see her cleavage and she was all over me. She wanted me to take her home"

The flirting and spending time had been going on for a few weeks and My instincts Told me this girl was less likely to be a slut than your average white girl. She seemed more interested in a relationship than sex and got offended one time when I said she had a nice bum saying I was just like all boys. But I thought maybe she was just trying to get things moving when we had a drink and she started flirting more and more since up to that point I hadn’t attempted anything with her. Of course maybe I’m wrong and she just wanted my willy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Easily? I know you've provided an example but many Asian parents (especially South Asian parents) are very strict when it comes to their children dating. It's not going to be that straightforward.
    I disagree many parents are very strict including my own and I'm not Asian as you can already tell by my photo lol. My mum makes me revise every day even on the weekend which is annoying as now I have no social life and she has taken all my technology even my phone!!! So maybe just maybe this girl`s parents might be not as strict as you believe.

ReputationRep:
    Currently in a white/white relationship.
    I'd date anyone regardless of race and I don't think one race is better than another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wish I was in a relationship with someone outside of my race.
    Aww... bless

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, what are you trying to say here?
    Maybe rephrase before I go off

ReputationRep:
    The flirting and spending time had been going on for a few weeks and My instincts Told me this girl was less likely to be a slut than your average white girl. She seemed more interested in a relationship than sex and got offended one time when I said she had a nice bum saying I was just like all boys. But I thought maybe she was just trying to get things moving when we had a drink and she started flirting more and more since up to that point I hadn’t attempted anything with her. Of course maybe I’m wrong and she just wanted my willy
    Well I think that you should talk to this girl before you plan to dump your girlfriend just to be safe

ReputationRep:
    Well I think that you should talk to this girl before you plan to dump your girlfriend just to be safe

Surely as a fellow female you shouldn’t be advocating this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.