Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race? watch

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It's literally discrimination.
    Explain how it’s discrimination if say you’re a black guy and you only feel attracted to black women???

Explain how it’s discriminatory if say you’re a white girl and you only feel attracted to a white guys???

Just because you’re attracted to a particular race does not make you are a racist or a discriminatory person...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    So not one person from a particular ethnicity can be attractive to you?
    I prefer curvy blonde white girls with blue eyes, that’s my type so to speak. Rarely been attracted to asian girls though (chinese, etc). I find some south asians and black girls attractive, but not many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I prefer curvy blonde white girls with blue eyes, that’s my type so to speak. Rarely been attracted to asian girls though (chinese, etc). I find some south asians and black girls attractive, but not many.
    Black, white and asian aren't ethnicities.
    They are racial categories. You also didn't mention an ethnicity once.
    Care to speak out?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Black, white and asian aren't ethnicities.
    They are racial categories. You also didn't mention an ethnicity once.
    Care to speak out?
    Chinese is not an ethnicity...k

ReputationRep:
    Currently dating someone outside my race (I'm black, she's Chinese).

Yes. In some cases I might actually prefer it

I would

ReputationRep:
    Chinese is not an ethnicity...k
    Chinese isn't an ethnicity.
    You're right.
    But stop showing your ignorance.
    You said south asians, chinese people are east asian.

But explain why you don't think most black and south asian girls are attractive. Because you are also showing your racism.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Chinese isn't an ethnicity.
    You're right.
    But stop showing your ignorance.
    You said south asians, chinese people are east asian.

But explain why you don't think most black and south asian girls are attractive. Because you are also showing your racism.
    Jesus Christ man...triggered much?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ man...triggered much?
    You are avoiding my question

ReputationRep:
    Yes, all my relationships have been a different race to me. I love it and the diversity and learning about different cultures.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You are avoiding my question
    Nah...think I’m just avoid you, typical SJW. People are different and like different things in life, hard concept for you to get so it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Nah...think I’m just avoid you, typical SJW. People are different and like different things in life, hard concept for you to get so it seems.
    I'm not a SJW but I will not let you be racist and spread your ignorance on a public forum. I've reported you.

ReputationRep:
    I would get with any race, although I have my preferences. I do find myself quite attracted to male African Americans
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm not a SJW but I will not let you be racist and spread your ignorance on a public forum. I've reported you.
    :rofl: Okayyy

ReputationRep:

https://tinyurl.com/ycav5zfs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As above.

(Just so we’re clear - it’s not racist to say that you wouldn’t... What you’re attracted does not mean you’re discriminatory against people)
    Why are you anon ? :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It's literally discrimination.
    It's no different as far as I'm concerned from preferring short women or tall guys or blonde or brown hair or... whatever. It's important to be attracted to your partner, if that means light skin or dark skin or whatever else doesn't appeal to you, it isn't inherently racist or discriminatory any more than most women preferring tall guys is.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is white French / Italian of Israeli descent.

Lol. We liked each other straight away.
    Why not ?

Dont see why mixed race couples are such an issue in the UK
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayWithMarkers)
    It's no different as far as I'm concerned from preferring short women or tall guys or blonde or brown hair or... whatever. It's important to be attracted to your partner, if that means light skin or dark skin or whatever else doesn't appeal to you, it isn't inherently racist or discriminatory any more than most women preferring tall guys is.
    I'm willing to bet preferences to skin colour is largely a result of living in a culture with a lot fo racism, preferences get shaped by the culture you live in and suprise suprise the last few hundred years have been extremley racist.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.