The Student Room Group

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erratic_deus
No I wasn't. I was replying to someone else who enquired as to whether or not being a white male has anything to do with it. Only white people can be racist. + this particular south asian needs to become detached from his oppressor since he is spreading his hostile views.

The only one being racist here is you.
Original post by S.G.
:rofl: must be a troll account

Must be, nobody can be that stupid.
Original post by Zelex
That is the reason why it's too simplistic. One can racist and at the other end one can also be not. It's not a black and white issue that you seem to be painting.

Are you misinterpreting me or something? My point isn't black and white in the slightest. I'm not saying it's never racist, or it's always racist, there's a million shades of grey in between, as I acknowledged in my previous post.
Original post by Andrew97
The only one being racist here is you.

Do you even understand what it means to be racist?
I'm dark-skinned. I have curly hair. I'm Jewish.
I could never be racist.
Must be, nobody can be that stupid.

I'm not stupid. I have 3 GCSE's/A-levels at grade A*/A already.
I'm also a scholarship recipient at a top (majority white) private school.
Hello people :-) . I am a mixture of black white and a small bit of asian, so it's pretty much impossible for me to 'stick within my own race', and I am currently engaged to an awesome white guy. Personally I don't care in the slightest about colour, I've just only found white guys attractive so far? Does this make me racist? No. I just haven't met a black or south asian or east asian or mixed race guy yet that I've found attractive. Some things are and aren't supposed to be selective. Treating people nicely shouldn't be based on their colour. People shouldn't be denied jobs or opportunities based on their colour.

The thing with relationships is that they require more from you than just treating the person nicely; you have to actually love the person. So saying it's 'racist' to not like people with a certain look is bad because it encourages people to get into relationships with people that they don't actually care about in order to not seem 'racist', which is bad. Who you're attracted to is often based on the pheromones (scentless chemical signals) that they send off. People whose pheromones are complimentary to yours are the ones that you tend to like, so not liking certain people may be more genetic than decided.

Basically guys, being nice to everyone regardless of ethnicity/race is expected, being attracted to everyone is not because you can't control who you're attracted to. Simple as.
I'm not stupid. I have 3 GCSE's/A-levels at grade A*/A already.
I'm also a scholarship recipient at a top (majority white) private school.

I could never be racist.

lmao what the heck is this a troll account hahahahaha are you for real girl hahahahaah
I could never be racist.

Racism is to show prejudice against other groups of people and feel you are better. By saying all white people are racist, you are showing prejudice against white people. Thus you are a racist.

Furthermore take a moment to google Diane Abbot, who once said white people love ro play divide and rule. She’s black and thus proves that not only whites can be racist.
Original post by Ferrous-flame
Hello people :-) . I am a mixture of black white and a small bit of asian, so it's pretty much impossible for me to 'stick within my own race', and I am currently engaged to an awesome white guy. Personally I don't care in the slightest about colour, I've just only found white guys attractive so far? Does this make me racist? No. I just haven't met a black or south asian or east asian or mixed race guy yet that I've found attractive. Some things are and aren't supposed to be selective. Treating people nicely shouldn't be based on their colour. People shouldn't be denied jobs or opportunities based on their colour.

The thing with relationships is that they require more from you than just treating the person nicely; you have to actually love the person. So saying it's 'racist' to not like people with a certain look is bad because it encourages people to get into relationships with people that they don't actually care about in order to not seem 'racist', which is bad. Who you're attracted to is often based on the pheromones (scentless chemical signals) that they send off. People whose pheromones are complimentary to yours are the ones that you tend to like, so not liking certain people may be more genetic than decided.

Basically guys, being nice to everyone regardless of ethnicity/race is expected, being attracted to everyone is not because you can't control who you're attracted to. Simple as.

OMG thank you I thought that this petty argument was going to go on for ever :colonhash:
Oh my god 😂😂. She’s totally lost the plot.
No, whites only
Reply 71
Original post by PlayWithMarkers
Are you misinterpreting me or something? My point isn't black and white in the slightest. I'm not saying it's never racist, or it's always racist, there's a million shades of grey in between, as I acknowledged in my previous post.

Reading the exchanges again, I think I initially misinterpreted the angle you were coming from. As there was no need to stress the point I wanted to make in the first place, looking at overall thoughts on the thread.
Racism is to show prejudice against other groups of people and feel you are better. By saying all white people are racist, you are showing prejudice against white people. Thus you are a racist.

Furthermore take a moment to google Diane Abbot, who once said white people love ro play divide and rule. She’s black and thus proves that not only whites can be racist.

I am black and I can never be racist!
Only white people can be racist because only white people have shown that they think they are superior to all other races!

Manifest Destiny! Remember what your ancestors believed in.
You can only be racist if you're white.

Please delete your account immediately.
This argument is killing me, catfight gonna happen lol :catfight:
Are you threatening me?

What is going on here? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by euphrosyne
What is going on here? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That user, as you can tell by my exchange with her, is racist.
That user, as you can tell by my exchange with her, is racist.

I can't be racist. I'm not WHITE.
I am black and I can never be racist!
Only white people can be racist because only white people have shown that they think they are superior to all other races!

Manifest Destiny! Remember what your ancestors believed in.

Are for you real? Are you just going to ignore my post? Black people can absolutely be racist as you are proving.
Reply 79
Yeah, I was with a black girl for a bit. She was boss, actually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending