Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrous-flame)
    Hello people :-) . I am a mixture of black white and a small bit of asian, so it's pretty much impossible for me to 'stick within my own race', and I am currently engaged to an awesome white guy. Personally I don't care in the slightest about colour, I've just only found white guys attractive so far? Does this make me racist? No. I just haven't met a black or south asian or east asian or mixed race guy yet that I've found attractive. Some things are and aren't supposed to be selective. Treating people nicely shouldn't be based on their colour. People shouldn't be denied jobs or opportunities based on their colour.

The thing with relationships is that they require more from you than just treating the person nicely; you have to actually love the person. So saying it's 'racist' to not like people with a certain look is bad because it encourages people to get into relationships with people that they don't actually care about in order to not seem 'racist', which is bad. Who you're attracted to is often based on the pheromones (scentless chemical signals) that they send off. People whose pheromones are complimentary to yours are the ones that you tend to like, so not liking certain people may be more genetic than decided.

Basically guys, being nice to everyone regardless of ethnicity/race is expected, being attracted to everyone is not because you can't control who you're attracted to. Simple as.
    OMG thank you I thought that this petty argument was going to go on for ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Read the message on my wall too haha. Speechless
    Oh my god 😂😂. She’s totally lost the plot.

No, whites only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayWithMarkers)
    Are you misinterpreting me or something? My point isn't black and white in the slightest. I'm not saying it's never racist, or it's always racist, there's a million shades of grey in between, as I acknowledged in my previous post.
    Reading the exchanges again, I think I initially misinterpreted the angle you were coming from. As there was no need to stress the point I wanted to make in the first place, looking at overall thoughts on the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Racism is to show prejudice against other groups of people and feel you are better. By saying all white people are racist, you are showing prejudice against white people. Thus you are a racist.

Furthermore take a moment to google Diane Abbot, who once said white people love ro play divide and rule. She’s black and thus proves that not only whites can be racist.
    I am black and I can never be racist!
    Only white people can be racist because only white people have shown that they think they are superior to all other races!

Manifest Destiny! Remember what your ancestors believed in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    You can only be racist if you're white.
    Please delete your account immediately.

ReputationRep:
    This argument is killing me, catfight gonna happen lol :catfight:

ReputationRep:
    Are you threatening me?

I’m done
    What is going on here? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    That user, as you can tell by my exchange with her, is racist.

ReputationRep:
    That user, as you can tell by my exchange with her, is racist.
    I can't be racist. I'm not WHITE.

ReputationRep:
    I am black and I can never be racist!
    Only white people can be racist because only white people have shown that they think they are superior to all other races!

Manifest Destiny! Remember what your ancestors believed in.
    Are for you real? Are you just going to ignore my post? Black people can absolutely be racist as you are proving.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was with a black girl for a bit. She was boss, actually.

ReputationRep:
    Are for you real? Are you just going to ignore my post? Black people can absolutely be racist as you are proving.
    I'm not racist until I believe I'm superior.
    I'm not superior! I'm an African!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    Just a 15 year old girl who needs to see a therapist. Nothing unheard of before

ReputationRep:
    Just a 15 year old girl who needs to see a therapist. Nothing unheard of before
    Unless the therapist is white obviously?

ReputationRep:
    So am I but you don't see me making outrageous and scum claims.

ReputationRep:
    African isn’t a race. Try again and perhaps without the hideous hypocritical racism.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Then he’s racist! And should be prosecuted!

ReputationRep:
    My therapist is a white lady actually.

ReputationRep:
    Then he’s racist! And should be prosecuted!
    If they're white they *can* be racist. Doesn't mean they are.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.