Turn on thread page Beta

Grad jobs at 'Smaller Companies' watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on finding Graduate jobs at smaller companies? Big ones tend to advertise everywhere but I was wondering if people have any tips for finding roles at smaller, local places?

thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Eremor)
    Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on finding Graduate jobs at smaller companies? Big ones tend to advertise everywhere but I was wondering if people have any tips for finding roles at smaller, local places?

thanks.
    They most likely will advertise on their websites or you can send prospective applications.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

thanks.
    Go through an agency (my local one is called The Business Connection) and ask them for this specifically.

Unfortunately, they will take a cut of what you earn, but they will have access to a lot more local companies and vacancies than what is advertised.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Hi,

thanks.
    Local places - spend a weekend with the local Thompsons/business directory, looking up relevant websites and bookmarking their jobs pages. Then just keep checking the bookmarked sites.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi,

thanks.
    As others have said, it would be a good idea to keep an eye on their websites to see if anything comes up - and their LinkedIn page too.

However, it's also a possibility that they may not advertise their positions, in which case making a speculative application might help.

And it might also be worth discussing with recruitment agencies too, as some companies use them to help find and select staff.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.