Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

whats the best pain killer to use for relief watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi! This is Jenny here. I am a High school student and recently working on my final term project. I started my research work a few months back for which I had to spend more time by sitting next to computer exploring different sites on the internet. I used to have awakened nights to work on the project. So due to this restlessness, I started having a headache and back pain. In the beginning, I ignored this pain but with time It became so frequent and severe that I found it hard to even wake up. Then I consulted with a neurologist online and asked for a prescription. He suggested me ibuprofen. After taking this medicine I didn’t find any relief instead my pain started getting worse day by day that I would spend my days screaming and crying. Then to relief my pain I started taking different painkillers sometimes alone sometimes in a combination of two. Now I have found myself got addicted to these medicines which are upsetting me from past few days. As now I want to get through all of this so please suggest me a best painkiller available at affordable prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahirimran)
    Hi! This is Jenny here. I am a High school student and recently working on my final term project. I started my research work a few months back for which I had to spend more time by sitting next to computer exploring different sites on the internet. I used to have awakened nights to work on the project. So due to this restlessness, I started having a headache and back pain. In the beginning, I ignored this pain but with time It became so frequent and severe that I found it hard to even wake up. Then I consulted with a neurologist online and asked for a prescription. He suggested me ibuprofen. After taking this medicine I didn’t find any relief instead my pain started getting worse day by day that I would spend my days screaming and crying. Then to relief my pain I started taking different painkillers sometimes alone sometimes in a combination of two. Now I have found myself got addicted to these medicines which are upsetting me from past few days. As now I want to get through all of this so please suggest me a best painkiller available at affordable prices.
    Man's brown, so i only have one recommendation - Paracetamol.

To deal with the back pain just get something like a massage, cupping or acupuncture.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    You got a prescription for ibuprofen from a guy online? So many things wrong with that alone.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    t
    (Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    Man's brown, so i only have one recommendation - Paracetamol.

To deal with the back pain just get something like a massage, cupping or acupuncture.
    paracetamol is quite for me however for back pain im not yet ready for anything like massage etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You got a prescription for ibuprofen from a guy online? So many things wrong with that alone.
    haven't tried that one.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    haven't tried that one.
    You said the guy online suggested ibuprofen and you tried it. And then it didn't help and your pain got worse.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Usually a good person to talk to for painkiller advice would be a pharmacist. They are trained to know what methods work well for what types of pain and can also dispense then to you.
    Given your pain has been laying a long time, is bad enough to make you cry and that you are developing issues with painkillers though I suggest you see your GP to investigate the pain and get advice.

One thing with varying in mind is that over use of painkillers can actually cause pain because your body gets addicted and creates pain so you will take more (well that's essentially what it is anyway).

I suggest you call your GP surgery and set up an appointment ASAP. If you call early and explain what's going on you can sometimes get a quick appointment.
    Until then you can talk to a pharmacist about what painkillers you can take. Just remember to check the dose and how long it says you can take it for (usually not more than a few days in a row) and not to take anything that's giving you a negative reaction. What might help you at the moment is things like warming pads and other non medical methods since there seems to be an issue with painkillers at the moment.
    Otherwise paracetamol and ibuprofen are the usual go to and can be bought for as little as 25p per pack.

I would also suggest you try to keep a good posture with a straight neck because that seems it could be where your pain is coming from. Gentle stretches could also help.

edit: It seems you may not live in the UK in which case I would set up an appointment with whoever your primary doctor is and again talk to a pharmacist.

I think you should see your GP tbh
    I don’t even remember the last time I took painkillers. You should try ginger tea with honey and lemon for headaches if painkillers are not working. Make sure you’re eating well and drinking plenty of water/keeping yourself hydrated.
    You might need to do some simple exercises/stretches for your back but you should talk to your GP about it first.

ReputationRep:
    You need to see your GP. It's inadvisable to get medical advice online because it's impossible to examine you. A GP could examine you and coupled with your story could come to a diagnosis. All the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You said the guy online suggested ibuprofen and you tried it. And then it didn't help and your pain got worse.
    o yes I took ibuprofen for a time being butthat one showed *****y side effects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Usually a good person to talk to for painkiller advice would be a pharmacist. They are trained to know what methods work well for what types of pain and can also dispense then to you.
    Given your pain has been laying a long time, is bad enough to make you cry and that you are developing issues with painkillers though I suggest you see your GP to investigate the pain and get advice.

One thing with varying in mind is that over use of painkillers can actually cause pain because your body gets addicted and creates pain so you will take more (well that's essentially what it is anyway).

I suggest you call your GP surgery and set up an appointment ASAP. If you call early and explain what's going on you can sometimes get a quick appointment.
    Until then you can talk to a pharmacist about what painkillers you can take. Just remember to check the dose and how long it says you can take it for (usually not more than a few days in a row) and not to take anything that's giving you a negative reaction. What might help you at the moment is things like warming pads and other non medical methods since there seems to be an issue with painkillers at the moment.
    Otherwise paracetamol and ibuprofen are the usual go to and can be bought for as little as 25p per pack.

I would also suggest you try to keep a good posture with a straight neck because that seems it could be where your pain is coming from. Gentle stretches could also help.

edit: It seems you may not live in the UK in which case I would set up an appointment with whoever your primary doctor is and again talk to a pharmacist.

you are right my dad and me having an appointment with GP this weekend. Lets see what he will diagnose and what meds he'll
    recommend. im really stressed
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    you are right my dad and me having an appointment with GP this weekend. Lets see what he will diagnose and what meds he'll
    recommend. im really stressed
    No need to be stressed about it. It's probably nothing big. Little things can cause a surprising amount of pain.
    Might be a good idea to make sure you're getting enough rest a me time while revising though. Over working isn't good for you and can cause you are and pain.

Good luck with your appointment and hope your pain goes away soon.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect that this started as a stress response. Definitly do go and see a doctor as well, you could be developing chronic pain syndrome where all the nerve signals for an area are sent as pain signals,but also investigate some relaxation techniques and light photons from screens late at night is not good either, stop a couple of hours before going to bed, the photons have a direct affect on the brain. Pain is also mayorly affected by mental state, so distraction techniques are always good and try to get yourself into a stress free state. goodluck, Mike.

ReputationRep:
    Also be very aware, all pain killers can be bad for the body so be carefull how much you take and for how long.

ReputationRep:
    You could also try applying gentle heat to the affected area by means of a wheat bag/hot water bottle or heat lamp.

ReputationRep:
    Check your posture while you're using a computer... sit straight

You’re name isn’t Jenny it’s Tahir Imran
    :/ :/ :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You’re name isn’t Jenny it’s Tahir Imran
    :/ :/ :/
    Apple stole your fingerprints. NOw they are stealing your facials and you still asking what if name is Tahir or Jenny... Grow up buddy

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell are you pretending to be a school girl named Jenny online when your name is Tahir Imran. Really weird and creepy, reported.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.