Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    UCAS says that I have an offer from QMUL for history and Politics and I recently went to an applicant day there but I just received an email saying that I’ve been invited to an interview. I logged into the mySis portal thing and it says that they’re still reviewing my application and that I have an interview that I have to respond to. I’m really confused because I already have an offer from them? I feel a bit stressed because I don’t know why I’d be having an interview.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by gavb7)
    UCAS says that I have an offer from QMUL for history and Politics and I recently went to an applicant day there but I just received an email saying that I’ve been invited to an interview. I logged into the mySis portal thing and it says that they’re still reviewing my application and that I have an interview that I have to respond to. I’m really confused because I already have an offer from them? I feel a bit stressed because I don’t know why I’d be having an interview.
    You need to phone QMU admissions or the department asap to get clarification. It may or may not be a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You need to phone QMU admissions or the department asap to get clarification. It may or may not be a mistake.
    Turns out it’s an OPA interview!! The first email I got didn’t say what it was for but I got another one which called it an opa interview.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    the interview is very easy. You don't really need to do any studying beforehand. The Professor who did my interview was really nice, and asked me very simple questions like, why queen mary? which is your favorite period of history? we also got into a talk about how historians should be more active

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.