Turn on thread page Beta

So basically I have this friend who I used to be extremely close with. I still talk to her and all but we aren't as close anymore. I just feel like she's the one to blame for this although I've never told her. I've tried continuously to make plans with her but instead she tells me 'another time' and goes off with her other friends. I've gotten into dangerous situations where I could've gotten arrested because of her and I've even covered for her and took the blame and not once has she thanked me. Her then ex (now boyfriend) came to me once and convinced me she was gonna commit suicide. I told him she would never do that because of how happy she is and he called her a lying ***** who would do it for attention. After all that she ended up choosing him over me after all I've protected for her. I think it's clear she would rather go out drinking and smoke weed than listen to me and better herself. What should I do ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sometimes friendships fade out, even when you work at them and want to make it work. It has to be 50/50 and if she's not putting in her part, then you have to accept that she no longer wishes to have the friendship and move on, rather than wasting your time and emotion on someone who doesn't respect you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.