Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have your say: Why now is the best time to start revising watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Here's where you can post a comment about our Why now is the best time to start revising article.

Read the full Why now is the best time to start revising article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I’ve started revision this half term, especially because I have mocks in two weeks. I’ve been through all the content for all my subjects and feel like I have a head start, I understand a large quantity of the information so I feel extremely relieved. I’m the type of guy who prepares in advance for nearly everything, I’m that guy who brings 10 packets of crisps, 5 drinks and 2 torches to a two-day camping trip, haha. And so, I’m gonna be revising non stop a month or two before the exams. February onwards, I’m hoping to invest 2 hours of revision every weekday and at least 8 hours on weekends in total. Good luck guys.

ReputationRep:
    The earliest time possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aseeb Tariq)
    Hey there, I’ve started revision this half term, especially because I have mocks in two weeks. I’ve been through all the content for all my subjects and feel like I have a head start, I understand a large quantity of the information so I feel extremely relieved. I’m the type of guy who prepares in advance for nearly everything, I’m that guy who brings 10 packets of crisps, 5 drinks and 2 torches to a two-day camping trip, haha. And so, I’m gonna be revising non stop a month or two before the exams. February onwards, I’m hoping to invest 2 hours of revision every weekday and at least 8 hours on weekends in total. Good luck guys.
    I'm complete opposite of u- someone who does everything last minute. Also, I finished my mock and got my results n got my grades- most of them around 5,6 but failed in 2 subjects and of them is RE cuz the teacher is just...she basically doesn't have any idea about this subject but they told her to teach anyway (she didn't even give us the materials needed, on the results day she even lost may paper, then found 1 week later -_-) cuz there weren't anyone else who'd teach plus I have this lesson once a week cuz I'm doing triple science. Speaking of triple science I even failed in that cuz there were some stuff (like half of a chapter) that I didn't learn much about cuz in yr 10 i was in set 2 who was slower than set 1 (triple science set) so they finished stuff before I moved up in yr 11; so had to self-teach my self- which wasn't really good and I did that like some days before my science mock- so didn't put my best effort *sigh*. Mainly, because I didn't know where to start and was always stuck about it. So, do you have any tips on how I could prepare for my GCSEs? Like, where I could start from for revising science? Materials that I have: Edmodo- my teacher put out the lessons in there also answers any question we ask, MyGCSEscience, also all the past papers printed out my teacher and specimen papers online, CGP books--> I know I have a lot of resources but I'm not making use of and still being so use less; but I am REALLY stuck on how to start revising or learn for some of the stuff. PLEASE help me out on how I should start. Thanks. Sorry for the long ramble.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m doing double science AQA, and the most helpful thing for me is answering and memorising the answers (Both in my head) to the questions at the end of each topic in the CGP book. I’d advise you to thoroughly read the book, if you find something confusing, read it again the next day. There’s also a great channel (with triple science stuff) on YouTube called ‘freesciencelessons’, it’s really helpful, especially when you are struggling to grasp a confusing concept/practical. If I were in your position, I’d likely ask other classmates for help if I got stuck or if I was curious as to what their revision timetable was and what content they are learning at home.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve kind of started revising now , aiming to do about 15 hours a week. I’m not very good a revising after school cause I’m quite busy and I just want to relax so end up doing nothing during the week and having to do HOURS over the weekend as well as all the homework I’ve got to catch up on I did a fair amount of work over the half term but wanted to do so much more so was a bit disappointed but everyone at school had done none so it wasn’t too bad. At the moment , finishing off my notes and some subjects , like sciences , maths and English, doing practice papers and essays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahi_b)
    I'm complete opposite of u- someone who does everything last minute. Also, I finished my mock and got my results n got my grades- most of them around 5,6 but failed in 2 subjects and of them is RE cuz the teacher is just...she basically doesn't have any idea about this subject but they told her to teach anyway (she didn't even give us the materials needed, on the results day she even lost may paper, then found 1 week later -_-) cuz there weren't anyone else who'd teach plus I have this lesson once a week cuz I'm doing triple science. Speaking of triple science I even failed in that cuz there were some stuff (like half of a chapter) that I didn't learn much about cuz in yr 10 i was in set 2 who was slower than set 1 (triple science set) so they finished stuff before I moved up in yr 11; so had to self-teach my self- which wasn't really good and I did that like some days before my science mock- so didn't put my best effort *sigh*. Mainly, because I didn't know where to start and was always stuck about it. So, do you have any tips on how I could prepare for my GCSEs? Like, where I could start from for revising science? Materials that I have: Edmodo- my teacher put out the lessons in there also answers any question we ask, MyGCSEscience, also all the past papers printed out my teacher and specimen papers online, CGP books--> I know I have a lot of resources but I'm not making use of and still being so use less; but I am REALLY stuck on how to start revising or learn for some of the stuff. PLEASE help me out on how I should start. Thanks. Sorry for the long ramble.
    Save my exams , you have to pay for mark schemes but well worth it . About 50 exams for each subject

ReputationRep:
    I would've started revising from the beginning of the school year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like on the border of top set and middle set, and i'm in all of the top sets, however I am nowhere near the intelligence of the rest of my classmates, so I think now is best to start revising. When you are pushing for a B/C and the rest of the class are going for an A it gets slightly worrying.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.