Turn on thread page Beta

Heathrow Airport worker dies. Passengers complain about delays. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    No I'd be pissed that an avoidable crash happened and someone else died.
    I don't think I'd be that selfish to value £800 over a human life.
    You’ve clearly never had to work your ass off to earn money then. If i’d spent £800, that’s a lot of money for me. I’d sure as hell be more concerned about that than some random i’ve never met.

You’re allowed to be annoyed at inconvenience while feeling sorry for whoever died. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. It could make you late for work, an important meeting, a wedding, a funeral of someone you do know. People are allowed to be irritated by inconvenience, the death of someone else doesn’t stop everyone else’s life. That meeting/event happens whether someone died or not.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    You’ve clearly never had to work your ass off to earn money then. If i’d spent £800, that’s a lot of money for me. I’d sure as hell be more concerned about that than some random i’ve never met.

You’re allowed to be annoyed at inconvenience while feeling sorry for whoever died. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. It could make you late for work, an important meeting, a wedding, a funeral of someone you do know. People are allowed to be irritated by inconvenience, the death of someone else doesn’t stop everyone else’s life. That meeting/event happens whether someone died or not.
    Exactly. I commute up to uni and if something like this happened on the exam day, I’m screwed.

ReputationRep:

What is wrong with you? Is your IQ 40 or something? The passengers were pissed off at the man for dying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Exactly. I commute up to uni and if something like this happened on the exam day, I’m screwed.
    The flight was at 5:45AM but left at 6:30 (after they dealt with stuff and put them on another plane).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hey!
    Can you please stop commenting on my posts!
    I feel uncomfortable and I don't know how old you are!
    My mum told me not to talk to anyone over 18 online!
    Also you swear a lot and post your racist ideologies.
    This is a public forum, I can post wherever I want to. No one was talking to you in the first place. Also, you keep calling me racist for no reason, you have an issue. Other than that, not much I can say... some things are better left unsaid. I’ll let the mods deal with you

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with you? Is your IQ 40 or something? The passengers were pissed off at the man for dying!
    They were pissed that his death interfered with their lives.

ReputationRep:
    They were pissed that his death interfered with their lives.
    I don't even know why I'm talking to you.
    You clearly aren't even a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know why I'm talking to you.
    You clearly aren't even a girl.
    I love that people accuse me of being a catfish rather than actually engage in debate. That’s an automatic surrender from you.
    But I appreciate the compliment :love:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Firstly you’re the OP. You’re going to get notified whether he replies directly to your comment or not.

Secondly, if you can’t speak to over 18s then what on Earth are you doing on an online forum? Seems rather silly doesn’t it’?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hey!
    You know that there are a LOT of people on here that are over 18, right??? There's a whole plethora of uni students that use this site. If your mum doesn't want you talking to people of 18 and over, I'd suggest getting off the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly not untypical responses. People have become so often delayed with pathetic excuses that they do not believe genuine causes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    I'd suggest getting off the internet.
    You’re not the first to suggest this to her. Her posts are so illogical, it actually hurts my brain. Think I might just have to add the first person ever to my ignore list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    I love it when references totally go over peoples' heads :rofl:

Oh :laugh: :laugh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Night King)
    You’re not the first to suggest this to her. Her posts are so illogical, it actually hurts my brain. Think I might just have to add the first person ever to my ignore list.
    erratic_deus

ReputationRep:
    I love that people accuse me of being a catfish rather than actually engage in debate. That’s an automatic surrender from you.
    But I appreciate the compliment :love:
    What is a catfish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I don't care.
    Stop trying to talk to me!
    You are too old

ReputationRep:
    I don't care.
    Stop trying to talk to me!
    You are too old
    He was replying to somebody else you complete and utter idiotic fool! If people on this forum are too old for you to speak too, then get the hell off of it. Honestly!

ReputationRep:
    What is a catfish?
    Someone who steals someone else’s identity (photos) to create a fake profile online, and pretends to be that person. There’s a documentary film and very successful TV show about it.

ReputationRep:
    What is a catfish?

ReputationRep:
    Makes no sense but ok. What does that have to do with anyone?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.