Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Heathrow Airport worker dies. Passengers complain about delays. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    It seems very British that people care more about getting somewhere on time than a death nearby.
    There's nothing particularly British about this.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    wow you're so edgy and woke how can i be like you
    There's nothing edgy about it at all, it's a very real statement. People don't tend to care about those they don't know, much less those that they didn't even know exist... Money only amplifies that...

ReputationRep:
    these are the people that hell will be filled with.

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable, some people care more about their schedule than the loss of a life
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd522)
    There's nothing particularly British about this.
    Well that's my perception and I've heard plenty of people share it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    There's nothing edgy about it at all, it's a very real statement. People don't tend to care about those they don't know, much less those that they didn't even know exist... Money only amplifies that...
    If someone dies, I personally would care, show some sympathy and be patient, understanding the situations. Guess you internet edgelords wont care since youre social recluses and out of touch with reality.

But please, continue to make your comments that you see as pragmatic and logical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    If someone dies, I personally would care, show some sympathy and be patient, understanding the situations. Guess you internet edgelords wont care since youre social recluses and out of touch with reality.

But please, continue to make your comments that you see as pragmatic and logical.
    Someone jumped in-front of a train, caused six hour delay and made me miss an important conference for work. It’s not inhuman to express irritation at the effect someone’s death had on your life. The world doesn’t stop and mourn for everyone that dies, life goes on whether someone died on the commute or not. The dead person isn’t facing consequences for not doing their job, or spending time waiting around for alternate arrangements to be made.

A few people died while I typed this post, i’m not going to cry about it. If we loose it every time someone we don’t know dies no one would ever get anything done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Someone jumped in-front of a train, caused six hour delay and made me miss an important conference for work. It’s not inhuman to express irritation at the effect someone’s death had on your life. The world doesn’t stop and mourn for everyone that dies, life goes on whether someone died on the commute or not. The dead person isn’t facing consequences for not doing their job, or spending time waiting around for alternate arrangements to be made.

A few people died while I typed this post, i’m not going to cry about it. If we loose it every time someone we don’t know dies no one would ever get anything done.
    I'd be irritated too. But I would keep that irritation to myself instead of spewing comments online disrespecting the dead.

Im not telling us to go to their funeral and give some prayer. Simply having an understanding of the situation and not lashing out at staff members and being disrespectful to the dead is what Im saying. If you cant adapt and survive you will struggle in real life.

ReputationRep:
    You lot have a lot to learn.
    It's a cold world.
    The sooner you understand this, nothing will shock you anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    unsex me here

(Original post by erratic_deus)
    No it isn't pretty obvious.
    I have Asperger's.
    Which limits your ability to read body language, not words.

I'd sure like to know where you got those tweets, because they aren't anywhere near the page you linked :sly: :beard:

ReputationRep:
    'The victim went into cardiac arrest following the accident, with paramedics trying to resuscitate him both at the scene and on the way to hospital.

Another man involved in the accident suffered a broken shoulder but had no life-threatening or life-changing injuries. Police said there had been no arrests.'

Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...ious-accident/

So sadly, an airport worker died and people are complaining about their flight having been delayed.

One tweet from a user on a flight to Belgium:
    "How inconsiderate of that man to die."

Another tweet
    "Why is this holding up everyone’s flights?" (I'll try to link them)

I think what happened was horrible. What is even more horrible is that the consumers are detached from the situation and so unfeeling. I can't even describe how terrible it is.
    People are *****. This proves it.

We all forget the airlines employ humans, they
    Are not superhuman, are just like us. Delays are beyond the control of the staff.

The luggage staff are not going to make your syitcases appear by magic. But we never stop with our inconsiderate attitude.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    'The victim went into cardiac arrest following the accident, with paramedics trying to resuscitate him both at the scene and on the way to hospital.

Another man involved in the accident suffered a broken shoulder but had no life-threatening or life-changing injuries. Police said there had been no arrests.'

Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...ious-accident/

So sadly, an airport worker died and people are complaining about their flight having been delayed.

One tweet from a user on a flight to Belgium:
    "How inconsiderate of that man to die."

Another tweet
    "Why is this holding up everyone’s flights?" (I'll try to link them)

I think what happened was horrible. What is even more horrible is that the consumers are detached from the situation and so unfeeling. I can't even describe how terrible it is.
    Can't believe how selfish people can be, you'd think these people would at least give some respect and be considerate. But some people are just *****.

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't pretty obvious.
    I have Asperger's.
    yes it is pretty obvious

and good for you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Moonblaster)
    Unbelievable, some people care more about their schedule than the loss of a life
    Really? It seems that it is ipso facto very believable...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.