Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a mature student, who wants to study an online access course
    to apply for a Physiotherapy degree. I can't go to the college to study the access course as I can't afford to give up my job yet.

Can anyone advise please where I can apply for the funding? The Advanced learner loan doesn't apply to this course as I will be doing it
    online.

There is some information on the website, where I will be doing the course from. But all of the info is for young people mainly and people in need. Even a partial funding would a super help. I'm not on a high flying salary hence any help would be ace. May be is it the best to apply to a local hospital trust? To my surprise there is a lot of help for undergrads, but how about mature students who need this additional qualification.

Regards
    M
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by sniza)
    Hi,

I'm a mature student, who wants to study an online access course
    to apply for a Physiotherapy degree. I can't go to the college to study the access course as I can't afford to give up my job yet.

Can anyone advise please where I can apply for the funding? The Advanced learner loan doesn't apply to this course as I will be doing it
    online.

There is some information on the website, where I will be doing the course from. But all of the info is for young people mainly and people in need. Even a partial funding would a super help. I'm not on a high flying salary hence any help would be ace. May be is it the best to apply to a local hospital trust? To my surprise there is a lot of help for undergrads, but how about mature students who need this additional qualification.

Regards
    M
    I'm not sure the advanced learner loan does exclude online Access courses. It needs to be QAA approved and with a recognised provider. If it isnt then theres a good chance the unis wouldnt accept it anyway.

Talk to advanced learner loans or the access course people . You can also look up a suitable distance learning course here.

https://ava.accesstohe.ac.uk/SubSite...mids=2&dsid=32

http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Access/F...s/Default.aspx
    Advanced Learner Loan

Telephone: 0300 100 0619

ReputationRep:
    Thank sooo much for your advice.
    I found actually a better course on the search link you kindly provided and also a course which is eligible to th Advanced Learner Loan studying online.

Thanks again for your help!

So far I looked at Distance Learning Access courses , which I would have to pay for. But found one, which eligible for funding!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.