Watch
sniza
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm a mature student, who wants to study an online access course
to apply for a Physiotherapy degree. I can't go to the college to study the access course as I can't afford to give up my job yet.

Can anyone advise please where I can apply for the funding? The Advanced learner loan doesn't apply to this course as I will be doing it
online.

There is some information on the website, where I will be doing the course from. But all of the info is for young people mainly and people in need. Even a partial funding would a super help. I'm not on a high flying salary hence any help would be ace. May be is it the best to apply to a local hospital trust? To my surprise there is a lot of help for undergrads, but how about mature students who need this additional qualification.

Regards
M
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sniza)
Hi,

I'm a mature student, who wants to study an online access course
to apply for a Physiotherapy degree. I can't go to the college to study the access course as I can't afford to give up my job yet.

Can anyone advise please where I can apply for the funding? The Advanced learner loan doesn't apply to this course as I will be doing it
online.

There is some information on the website, where I will be doing the course from. But all of the info is for young people mainly and people in need. Even a partial funding would a super help. I'm not on a high flying salary hence any help would be ace. May be is it the best to apply to a local hospital trust? To my surprise there is a lot of help for undergrads, but how about mature students who need this additional qualification.

Regards
M
I'm not sure the advanced learner loan does exclude online Access courses. It needs to be QAA approved and with a recognised provider. If it isnt then theres a good chance the unis wouldnt accept it anyway.

Talk to advanced learner loans or the access course people . You can also look up a suitable distance learning course here.

https://ava.accesstohe.ac.uk/SubSite...mids=2&dsid=32

http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Access/F...s/Default.aspx
Advanced Learner Loan

Telephone: 0300 100 0619
sniza
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank sooo much for your advice.
I found actually a better course on the search link you kindly provided and also a course which is eligible to th Advanced Learner Loan studying online.

Thanks again for your help!

So far I looked at Distance Learning Access courses , which I would have to pay for. But found one, which eligible for funding!
Tricky1992123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, which online course did you find that accepts funding please?
WoodlandJane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Tricky1992123, I was wondering this too. Did you manage to find one? Thanks!
sniza
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, That was my biggest mistake ever! I enrolled online 2 years ago with Stonebridge college who had a contract with an online provider- They took my advanced learner in monthly payments. But the provider was not supportive deadlines were every 3 weeks also it says it is flexible well it isn’t I can assure you. I dropped out after 4 months with a full time job impassible I’m not an online learner. I ended going to college part time and love it. Distinctions so far: much better, I have to pay myself - I couldn’t get another loan sadly. Make sure if you go online you can do it. I would do btec or access course with college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (159)
38.5%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.51%
Look for a job (15)
3.63%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.36%
Take a year out (69)
16.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.3%

Watched Threads