Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Edinburgh and I love it but I'm thinking about making Heriot Watt my insurance, I know it's a nice uni and everything but I'm just wondering about what the student life is like since it's so far out from Edinburgh city centre. Just wondering if there's stuff to do there and that kind of stuff.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by nandocalrissian)
    I've been to Edinburgh and I love it but I'm thinking about making Heriot Watt my insurance, I know it's a nice uni and everything but I'm just wondering about what the student life is like since it's so far out from Edinburgh city centre. Just wondering if there's stuff to do there and that kind of stuff.
    Have a look at the SU pages and look for students here.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there. I am currently acting as Vice President Community at Heriot-Watt University's student union.
    As a previous student, I would say the remoteness of our university plays a role in our unique culture.
    - we have tightly-knitted communities which meet regularly on and off campus whether they be societies or sports teams you will find a community if not make one.
    - Our campus is a 30-minute bus journey from town with buses every 15 minutes. You truly get the best of both worlds.
    - We at the student union try to make your experience as amazing as possible. You can consider us your home away from home.

I hope this helps with your question. If you have any other concerns come drop by and see us. Or email the union directly.

ReputationRep:
    Probably fine if you are doing an undergraduate. Otherwise I would recommend living in the city centre, or chose another uni. Campus life is really dull unless you are lucky with your roommates.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a big fan of Heriot-Watt during my time there. The campus life can be non-existent sometimes and the bus journeys can be hell especially during exams(napier university shares the same bus route and buses). it can be fun if you have ace roomates who take you to hive till five.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.