The Student Room Group

Pyschology

Hi I’m 14 nearly 15 and I guess now I need to start thinking about jobs. I really enjoy helping people mentally so I was thinking about taking up pyschology in sixth form. I am not great at science or maths so it would help if anybody knew the entry requirements (for sixth form) to do pyschology. Thank you !
Reply 1
Hey I’m in year 10 and I need to start thinking about sixth form and what I want to do. I’m thinking about pyschology but I don’t know what the entry requirements are and since I’m not great at maths or science I’m pretty worried. I’m not awful but I get around 51% on my science tests and that’s probably not good enough. I am predicted very high on my English GCSE however. Thank you!
Hi! I study Psychology A Level and to get on the course the only requirement at my school was a C in GCSE maths but they were very lenient!

It varies from school to school so you might want to ask the head of Sixth Form at your chosen school or someone like that :smile:
You’ll also most likely get more information about it when you’re in year 11 :smile:

I love Psychology - it’s my favourite subject. I got an A at AS Level and am predicted an A* at A-Level, so just let me know if you have any more questions!
Reply 3
Original post by Izzydrury
Hi I’m 14 nearly 15 and I guess now I need to start thinking about jobs. I really enjoy helping people mentally so I was thinking about taking up pyschology in sixth form. I am not great at science or maths so it would help if anybody knew the entry requirements (for sixth form) to do pyschology. Thank you !

Psychology isn’t massively scientific but you need to be able to understand the basics of an experiment. Biological psychology at A-level is heavily focused on the brain and that is quite scientific. There is also quite a bit of maths too, most of it is quite basic but you need to be able to do the non-parametric tests.

I think if you have a decent grasp of maths and science then you’ll be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending