Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've nearly finished my EE and I've been confused about the requirements for data-I have all the quantitative data and the following analysis, discussion, etc. but I've realised that it is unlikely to obtain some qualitative data which my advisor would like me to have in the essay, due to some technical limitations. It is not a must for the analysis, since they are described by the quantitative data anyway. But obviously the pictures add to the credibility of the essay and make it "look good". As it is so close to the EE deadline now I am having a panic attack. Is it still possible for me to get a nice grade (something like a B)if I don't have these pictures?

And as I take two group 4 subjects, I always feel that biology is a little special and unlike the others regarding the essays and reports. Just how many pictures should I provide in an essay? Lots, or just enough to show that I've done it when there are more quantitative data? One teacher said to me once that I needed to take pictures of myself doing the experiment and put them in the appendix, which is almost ridiculous. Another stated that my essay would get no higher than a C without the pictures. And I am actually scared about failing the essay after getting a 44 prediction.

Any help?

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.