Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody,

I hold offers both from Durham and Bristol for Msc Finance and Investment. After graduation I would like to purse a career in corporate finance.

I did not apply to any of the "target unis" mainly because of the costs, tuition with higher living costs (applying to London based unis) would add up to almost triple for what I'll pay for the above.

Which uni would you recommend based on course content, quality of teaching and university recognition? My long term plan is to gain some work experience in London and then get some job in my home sides in Europe, so I am interested how the reputation reflects in London as well as internationally.

I would prefer go to Bristol, because of the course content that slightly better suits my interests, proximity to London and better academic reputation. I am keen to discover subject in dept, also from academic perspective, and improve my quantitive and qualitative research and application. Or is there any other university you would recommend above these two

Thank you in advance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by marcinmsz)
    Hi everybody,

I hold offers both from Durham and Bristol for Msc Finance and Investment. After graduation I would like to purse a career in corporate finance.

I did not apply to any of the "target unis" mainly because of the costs, tuition with higher living costs (applying to London based unis) would add up to almost triple for what I'll pay for the above.

Which uni would you recommend based on course content, quality of teaching and university recognition? My long term plan is to gain some work experience in London and then get some job in my home sides in Europe, so I am interested how the reputation reflects in London as well as internationally.

I would prefer go to Bristol, because of the course content that slightly better suits my interests, proximity to London and better academic reputation. I am keen to discover subject in dept, also from academic perspective, and improve my quantitive and qualitative research and application. Or is there any other university you would recommend above these two

Thank you in advance.
    You've answered your own question: Bristol. Things like recognition mean little so focus on the content.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.