Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Recently my school has introduced that year 8 will be picking their options and will study them for 3 years to reduce stress on students sitting their GCSE exams at the end of year 11, Where would be the best place for me to read about the schools options and how do I decide what I'd like to do? Sadly, I can only chose 3 options and I know i definitely want to take GCSE art, but aside from that they havent informed us on what we can take and what would help whatever job youd like.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Our school is changing our curriculum to choose options in year 8 as well, but we are only allowed one option. An option I would recommend is computer science, since although it is challenging, it can be used for various jobs in the future and may contribute for getting into different subjects for A Level.

Many other people I know are also taking psychology, however I don’t have much experience myself, but as far as I know, it’s quite enjoyable.

I personally just think you should take whatever subjects you are comfortable with X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garden Rose)
    Hey! Our school is changing our curriculum to choose options in year 8 as well, but we are only allowed one option. An option I would recommend is computer science, since although it is challenging, it can be used for various jobs in the future and may contribute for getting into different subjects for A Level.

Many other people I know are also taking psychology, however I don’t have much experience myself, but as far as I know, it’s quite enjoyable.

I personally just think you should take whatever subjects you are comfortable with X
    in my opinion choose business its really good for people who can see an opportunity to exploit and make your idea a reality just look at Steve jobs and bill gates people who started their business' in their garages and look at them now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.